Author Topic: Petition to Bioware and Atari to re-instate the master server and gamespy services.  (Read 671 times)

Legacy_Lazarus Magni

Thank you to all of you who have shown your support thus far. This is an exercise in grass roots activism. We may not be able to affect the change we would like to see, but at least we can make our voices heard.

I have added Bioware’s, Atari’s, and EA’s contact information to the petition. We are over half way to our signature goal, please consider voicing your support. Some of the comments people are posting really show this is still important to a lot of people even a year later, and even with the coping mechanisms the community has developed.

http://www.change.or...erver-for-nwn-1

Modifié par Lazarus Magni, 15 septembre 2012 - 07:03 .

Legacy_Drethnor

I agree with this. I don't understand why people that care about NWN would not want the MS back, for security reasons and for the sheer wealth of information. I honestly like having a dedicated website/forum for the games I love. This site you cant register you NWN games and stuff which was cool.

Legacy_Luj1

Signed. The EA is all over with new games, but they dont realize how many people still play old games like this. Imagine what a little publicity can do , it could consolidate the scattered fanbase. Imagine people playing again like in the day, 20-30 on every server, or  at least 10-20

Legacy_Metaldwarf

Thanks for starting this petition, just signed.

Legacy_Soleares

Done, thank you for initiating and everyone for aiding this attempt. It is well worth the effort, even if the playerbase as a whole had to pay for it I have a feeling they would.

Legacy_Soleares

Done, thank you for initiating and everyone for aiding this attempt. It is well worth the effort, even if the playerbase as a whole had to pay for it I have a feeling they would.

Legacy_Lazarus Magni

Well in my opinion we did pay for it when we bought the game. The free to play nature (after buying the game originally) of NWN 1 is one of it's core tenants.

But I am also a realist, and recognize there would be cost associated with this. This dilemma has been discussed numerous places, and ideas have been proposed to mitigate such costs (bioware sponsored server hosting, bringing back premium modules, amongst other things):
http://social.biowar...index/8398695/8
http://social.biowar...ndex/13633358/6

Heck, as a PW owner, if it were voluntary, and affordable, it could even be opt in for PW owners who pay 5$ a month or something, and I would consider it.

Modifié par Lazarus Magni, 15 octobre 2012 - 09:09 .

Legacy_Aelis Eine

Should petition GameSpy to fix their server listings so that servers don't randomly disappear off the list first =x

Legacy_Lazarus Magni

-Added restoring gamespy service to this petition.

Legacy_NWN_baba yaga

well sorry but 104 supporters is nothing... dont know why so many people just dont care...even the oldschool guys who made there names trough it or used it as a base to jump into the dev scene give a yup you know. And if you come by and read this yes you are all Guilty by sell out!!! thats what you are

Modifié par NWN_baba yaga, 07 décembre 2012 - 09:50 .

Legacy_TheSupremeForce

Maybe they don't see the point in signing a petition that has zero chance of going anywhere.  

Before you start yelling at me or calling me names, I did sign it.

Legacy_Pearls

there just arent that many people who check this new board, most people got lost to other forums when the old bioboard shut down

Legacy_Rolo Kipp

<practicing his signature...>

Tried to sign. Said try again later.
Tried to sign. Said try again later.
Stuck my tongue out and said some... not-so-nice things.
Tried to sign. Third time's the charm ;-)

<...so someone somewhere can read it>

Legacy_Lazarus Magni

NWN_baba yaga wrote...

well sorry but 104 supporters is nothing... dont know why so many people just dont care...even the oldschool guys who made there names trough it or used it as a base to jump into the dev scene give a yup you know. And if you come by and read this yes you are all Guilty by sell out!!! thats what you are

I have no clue what you are trying to say here Baba, but if you are calling me, or anyone else who signed this petition a sell out I would ask you, what the hell are you talking about??? I have no financial gain from this. The server I run makes no money from it.

All I would like to see is the integrity of this amazing game, and it's incredible artistic potential (both for single player mods and online mods [e.g. PWs] specifically related to these issues) preserved.

Modifié par Lazarus Magni, 08 décembre 2012 - 07:09 .

Legacy_Aelis Eine

Lazarus Magni wrote...

NWN_baba yaga wrote...

I have no clue what you are trying to say here Baba, but if you are calling me, or anyone else who signed this petition a sell out I would ask you, what the hell are you talking about??? I have no financial gain from this. The server I run makes no money from it.

All I would like to see is the integrity of this amazing game, and it's incredible artistic potential (both for single player mods and online mods [e.g. PWs] specifically related to these issues) preserved.

Pretty sure baba yaga is calling out the ex-modders turned Bioware staff. You really need to stop taking offense so easily.