Author Topic: Henchman scripts and systems  (Read 317 times)

Legacy_JerrodAmolyan

Henchman scripts and systems
« on: July 24, 2013, 07:05:27 pm »

So I'm thinking about making a henchman system. There's things I gotta know first.

1. How do I remove the limit from the number of henchmen you can grab with you (In a roleplaying module, having a limit as to how many hired thugs you can walk around with, is just flat out stupid, I don't wish to limit the number.)  

2. What scripts can I use from the NWN scripts ? As in.. what should I use on creature's scripts. So you could access it's inventory etc. (I don't want them to level up however. The henchmen are as they are and shouldn't level up in my module, so to avoid paying 10gp for a level 1 noob and grinding 'till you actually have an epic lvl henchman for 10 gold coins...)

3. That's about it for now... is there a system that would actually work, that's already open for downloading? Module Builder's Henchman Kit doesn't work for me, I don't know why, but the scripts have apparently many errors that I can't repair. 

So is there ?

Legacy_Squatting Monk

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 08:51:02 pm »

JerrodAmolyan wrote...
1. How do I remove the limit from the number of henchmen you can grab with you (In a roleplaying module, having a limit as to how many hired thugs you can walk around with, is just flat out stupid, I don't wish to limit the number.)

Use SetMaxHenchmen().

3. That's about it for now... is there a system that would actually work, that's already open for downloading? Module Builder's Henchman Kit doesn't work for me, I don't know why, but the scripts have apparently many errors that I can't repair.

Check out Tony K's Henchman AI.

Legacy_JerrodAmolyan

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 09:25:28 pm »

Ah, so basicly I just write

SetMaxHenchmen(numberhere), somewhere on the OnModuleLoad event ?

Thanks, I'll also surely check out that Henchman AI link, seems like what I'm after.

Legacy_Squatting Monk

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 10:12:22 pm »

Yup, that's what you do.

Legacy_bdtgazo

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 12:15:10 am »

I used Hunstman's Henchmen scripts/guide, and combined it with one of the persistent chest scripts from the Vault (apologies to scripter, I forget atm who wrote it).  I just made the chest into a henchmen.  Works quite well after some labor to meld the scripts.

I forget how the level up stuff works, but I could take a look at my scripts if you still need it.  I believe its fairly easy to turn leveling off and on.

I also allowed for henchmen renaming, so I don't have 50 PCs running around with a dwarf named Jonny T.

With persistent inventory, there are some tricks you need to do to prevent players from using the inventory to factory out items.