Author Topic: XP 2da?  (Read 463 times)

Legacy__Guile

XP 2da?
« on: June 05, 2013, 07:29:26 am »

I'm wondering if the game engine uses a certain 2da that references how much XP is required by level ??

e.g.

level  xp
0         0
1         1000
2         3000
etc

Anyone know?

Legacy_painofdungeoneternal

XP 2da?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 07:49:22 am »

_Guile wrote...

I'm wondering if the game engine uses a certain 2da that references how much XP is required by level ??

e.g.

level  xp
0         0
1         1000
2         3000
etc

Anyone know?

xptable.2da
[/i]
( look at bottom of http://nwn.wikia.com...xperience_point )

Legacy__Guile

XP 2da?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 08:39:21 am »

Thanks a lot Pain.. =)

After looking at the XP table, it's a bit hard to understand just by looking at it....

I was wanting to like add a table for levels 41-60, but this doesn't look like it's going to be easy at all.

Anyway, to give you guys an idea of what I"m doing, I'm using nwnx_cool to allow players to level up beyond level 40, but there is only one serious issues I've found so far...

You can level up via normal method up to level 60 (anything beyond that crashes the server)
It's not hard to use scripting to set the PC to level up, so they access the level up menu...
The real problem lays with deleveling a PC.... it only allows you to delevel them down to level 50 or 40, and no other levels, secondly, the character sheet reads the wrong XP needed to next level..

Obviously I'm going to have to do something special to get the level up / down thing correct & the character sheet to read the proper xp till next level...

I'm rather against modifying anything other than a 2da, but I do not know if I modify the xptable.2da if it will have any effect or not, or if I will have to use a hak in order to get the PC's use/benefit from any changes made to the xptable.2da

Modifié par _Guile, 05 juin 2013 - 07:47 .

Legacy_leo_x

XP 2da?
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 12:33:46 pm »

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the functions provided in nwnx_cool for leveling passed 40th would never work remotely correctly without a client side hack via NWNCX or something.  There is too much that's hardcoded to a 40th level cap in the client.  I mentioned this over on the NWNX forum thread about it, the guy never responded to it so maybe he thinks I was wrong (and would love to be).  This is why I chose to keep the post 40th leveling conversation based even though the levels taken are identical to those taken via the GUI for my linux nwnx_levels plugin.

You could work around some of the issues by doing what ShadoOow suggested on the thread I mentioned above:

Therefore I put max lvl for each class to 40. I suggest you the same.

There are other issues beyond that.  Giving/Taking XP from/to characters above 40th level will a lot of times cause deleveling (because the XP table loaded into memory can never be right above 40th (in fact, when a PC is over 40th it's actually reading memory passed the end of an array) and so a PC will not meet the requirements for some wonk number).

Good luck.

Modifié par pope_leo, 05 juin 2013 - 11:47 .

Legacy__Guile

XP 2da?
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 02:20:54 pm »

pope_leo wrote...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the functions provided in nwnx_cool for leveling passed 40th would never work remotely correctly without a client side hack via NWNCX or something.  There is too much that's hardcoded to a 40th level cap in the client.  I mentioned this over on the NWNX forum thread about it, the guy never responded to it so maybe he thinks I was wrong (and would love to be).  This is why I chose to keep the post 40th leveling conversation based even though the levels taken are identical to those taken via the GUI for my linux nwnx_levels plugin.

You could work around some of the issues by doing what ShadoOow suggested on the thread I mentioned above:

Therefore I put max lvl for each class to 40. I suggest you the same.

There are other issues beyond that.  Giving/Taking XP from/to characters above 40th level will a lot of times cause deleveling (because the XP table loaded into memory can never be right above 40th (in fact, when a PC is over 40th it's actually reading memory passed the end of an array) and so a PC will not meet the requirements for some wonk number).

Good luck.

OK, thanks Leo, I wasn't aware of that, should have read the nwnx forums better...

One thing I don't understand is how you were able to get the PC Sheets to show the level, any way you might spill the goodies on that trick? =)

Modifié par _Guile, 05 juin 2013 - 01:28 .