Author Topic: OC-Style respawn  (Read 289 times)

Legacy_Les Miserables

OC-Style respawn
« on: February 25, 2013, 02:54:58 am »

Hi, I just want to implement a clone of the Original Campaign death/respawn system for a singleplayer module. You reach 0 hitpoints and you die. You respawn at death_temple, where the recall portal and a priest are. Your henchman should also automatically teleport here whether they died or not. I'm using Grimlar's guide to the Stone of Recall for this. If you talk to the priest, he can send you back to where you died, for a fee (or not, I don't care).

I can't find this script anywhere on the internet, which is weird. I've got the whole Recall system set up, same as in the OC. Could someone copypaste the Chapter 1 OnPlayerDeath script and the priest's dialogue script to send them back to their death waypoint, please?

Legacy_Lightfoot8

OC-Style respawn
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 03:15:30 am »

There is really no reasion to post the scripts on the internet.  If you want to view them, Just open the OC with the toolset and look at them.  

The Conversation file is: m1q1fdeath
The activation script of the stone is: m1_itemact

Legacy_Les Miserables

OC-Style respawn
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 01:05:17 pm »

Ah, I suppose I should have done that. I've never been able to open them in the toolset for some reason, and I just assumed it was impossible. I've fixed it now. Thanks.