Author Topic: on examine trap event?  (Read 261 times)

Legacy_MrZork

on examine trap event?
« on: July 17, 2012, 12:14:11 am »

I would like to replace the default log text that displays when a character makes a successful attempt to identify a trap. Right now, the log reads something like Take 20 : Tira Trapspotter : Examine Trap : *success* : (20 + 26 = 46 vs. DC 29). I would like to replace that with something that notes the name of the trap examined, as well, e.g. Take 20 : Tira Trapspotter : Examine Trap : *success* : (20 + 26 = 46 vs. DC 29) : Fire Trap, Deadly.

(I know that the trap name shows up in the examine widget that displays. I want it in the log as well.)

I guess there are two parts to this that aren't clear to me. First, how do I hook the examine trap event? Getting to the disarm event is easy, but I am not seeing an analog to OnDisarm that fires when a trap is examined. Second, how do I replace the text that normally appears with the text I would like to appear? Obviously, it would be better if both didn't show up. ;-)

Modifié par MrZork, 16 juillet 2012 - 11:25 .

Legacy_Lightfoot8

on examine trap event?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 03:49:38 am »

I can only help with the source for the line being printed.  It is either

StrRef 10473
<CUSTOM0><CUSTOM1> : <CUSTOM2><CUSTOM3> : *<CUSTOM4>* : (<CUSTOM5> <CUSTOM6> <CUSTOM7> = <CUSTOM8> vs. DC: <CUSTOM9>)

or StrRef 10484
<CUSTOM0> : <CUSTOM1> : *<CUSTOM2>* : (<CUSTOM3> <CUSTOM4> <CUSTOM5> = <CUSTOM6> vs. DC: <CUSTOM7>)

I hope that somehow helps you in your search for a solution.

Legacy_MrZork

on examine trap event?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 04:13:12 pm »

It at least looks like there might be a script that takes care of the skill check and sets those parameters. I am not sure if that means it is one I can hook/modify/override or if it is coded in the engine. I will do some more hunting tomorrow. Thanks, Lightfoot8.