Author Topic: Autosaving and other questions  (Read 273 times)

Legacy_BenJPas

Autosaving and other questions
« on: November 29, 2011, 03:03:48 am »

Hi all,

I wanted to have the PCs have an item that, when spoken to, would allow them to change their autosave options. I'm running into several problems:

1. I had the options stored as variables on the item itself. Whenever a PC would enter an area or do a thing that they opted to have an autosave for, the onenter script would check the PC's inventory for the item and then extract the variable from the item and, depending on the variable, run the autosave. In addition, the variables were referenced in the item's conversation script. For some reason, I can't get the conversation or oneneter scripts to react to the local variables.

2. The DoSinglePlayerAutoSave function doesn't seem to be working at all. I put it on the onUse event of a floor lever, and when the PC used the lever, it did not play the lever pulling animation and did not save the game. I am confused.

Anybody lend me a hand?

-Ben

Legacy_Fester Pot

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 03:06:30 am »

Could you not store the variable on the module itself and just read that, rather than checking if they have the item and what the variable on the item is?

Using a lever requires you to script the animation sequence to fire, otherwise, as far as I know, it won't show.

FP!

Legacy_BenJPas

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 03:38:39 am »

Fester Pot to the rescue! It's like being helped by a celebrity  '^_^'

Looks like everything works now. Not sure why the autosave function wasn't working, but it looks like it is now. Thanks!