Author Topic: How to make robes for all races?  (Read 449 times)

Legacy_Shemsu-Heru

How to make robes for all races?
« on: August 23, 2015, 02:04:03 pm »

I have made models of a diving suit, as robe, for human males and females. I would like to have it for all races. So I would like to Know if there is any way to make that automatically. Like NWNArmory does with the modular armor-clothing pieces.

Thanks!

Diving_suit_robe.jpg

Legacy_Mecheon

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 02:08:20 pm »

I had the vaguest of ideas that, if you could figure out the scaling for each bit per what NWNArmory does, you could in theory apply that to robes based on a body

But I don't know if anyone's actually done anything like that offhand unfortunately, and my abilities with skinmesh tend to result in the dang thing crashing more often than not :/

Legacy_OldTimeRadio

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 03:43:14 pm »

If you go to the Robes/Armor/Skin rollout in NWMax/+ and click on the Armor Maker button, you should be able to do automatic robe scaling from there.  Highly recommend you search whatever you can find about it in the NWMax docs and/or the Omnibus(i.e. "scaling robes", without quotes).

From Lisa in the Omnibus:

I scale them with NWMax robe scaling uitilities (see the armor maker). I like the manakin robe ini best - but if you are using bioware standard bones then the bioware robe ini works well too.

I build the 4 human versions usually hand scaling the fat phenotypes from the thin as there are usually some verts that need moving. I have not found a good scaler for male to female - their parts are just too different. [/icon_wink.gif]

After NWmax autoscales you can use the mass export option and check the mdl results in game.

Occasionally some of the more deformed races like gnomes, h-orcs, and dwarves a need a few little hand tweaks.

I think there are directions on how to use NWmax online and downloadable. As for specific tutorials on this I know of none.

Lisa

Legacy_Proleric

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 05:55:19 pm »

Despite having no NWMax knowledge, I did manage to crank out some robes for other races from human models using that tool.

I wrote this cryptic note to myself:

NWN Armory does not copy robes. There is a tool in NWMax. Use NWMax MDL Loading tool, browse, Import.

Save as .gmax (File > Save on main GMax screeen).

Then under Robes/Armor/Skin, Armour Maker. Select the ini drop down for robes.

This makes gmax files in c:/. Open them in GMax. Select the big blue square (Aurora Base).

Look for "rainbow tool" icon on RHS. This opens the export tool.

Legacy_Shemsu-Heru

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 06:25:42 pm »

Thank you! guys, that's very useful information.

@Proleric: I use 3d max 10 but thanks any way.

I finally have been able to make the robes with NWmax:

Diving_suit_robe_females.jpg

Diving_suit_robe_males.jpg

I want to thank all of you for taking time to answer me. Also I want to thank Estelindis who also had helped me in this matter...