Author Topic: Zwerkules Forest Override  (Read 377 times)

Legacy_Jenna WSI

Zwerkules Forest Override
« on: November 02, 2013, 09:51:01 pm »

When I use this as a hak, making a new area many of the terrain parts don't work, they show a cliff-face instead of water or whatever. Is this a bug in the hak itself or something I'm doing wrong myself?

Legacy_Zwerkules

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 01:40:31 am »

Are you trying to use it to override a forest tileset based on the Bioware one or are you using the forest tileset itself?
To get cliffs instead of water there would have to be wrong set entries, but the set file is unchanged except for the grass colour and height.

Legacy_Jenna WSI

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 03:30:39 pm »

I'm trying to override using a downloaded hak file placed at the top of my hak's list in the module.

Legacy_Zwerkules

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 03:59:08 pm »

If your haks contain files that add to the forest tileset or modify it, the override won't work because it is for the vanilla forest tileset. The hak works fine for that, there was one tile a year back that was too low, but that's been fixed and there are no other bugs, especially not any wrong terrain.
The tiles weren't made from scratch, I used the original tiles as a base, so where there's a cliff in the original tile, there's a cliff in the new one and not some other type of terrain.
If you get wrong terrain types, you have to check for another hak that modifies ttf01.set.

A while back I played the whole OC with this override hak and there were no problems. I also made a test area yesterday and placed every larger group and every kind of terrain and crosser and everything works.

Modifié par Zwerkules, 03 novembre 2013 - 04:02 .