Author Topic: new baseitem not showing in toolkit  (Read 273 times)

Legacy_meaglyn

new baseitem not showing in toolkit
« on: August 08, 2013, 02:34:13 pm »

Hi Folks,  I'm having an issue I thought someone might have some suggestions about.

I added a new line to baseitems.2da. It's a copy of line 29 miscmedium.  It's at 500. The only changes I made are to add a tlk file entry for the name and make the label  "letterofcredit".

The tlk file entry works and is the right number, I tested it with a FloatingTextStrRef.

The problem is that in the item wizard the new item is not listed so I can't use it.

The editted baseitems.2da is in the topmost hak in the hak list and it's correct if I look at that hak in NWNExplorer.

Did I miss something? Is there something else that tells the toolkit where to look?

Thanks

meaglyn

Legacy_Lightfoot8

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 04:00:36 pm »

Wild guess for an old memory.    Was baseitems.2da limited to 256 lines.

Legacy_3RavensMore

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 06:09:11 pm »

Nope, it's not limited to 256 lines.

Legacy_meaglyn

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 01:11:42 am »

Thanks for the eyeballs. I moved it to 250 and it's working now. I don't know if it was some sort of odd file caching (I closed the module but not the toolkit when I changed the hak), or if it didn't like the numbering. Seems other people are using baseitems above 500, so maybe it was just gremlins...

Thanks again.

meaglyn

Legacy_leo_x

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 01:47:32 pm »

Are you using NWNTX with the optimizations plugin by chance?  There is a note on that thread that I think applies to updating haks and reopening the same module:

virusman:

NWNTX Optimizations plugin has always been in experimental state, with this exact limitation: do not load another module when NWNTX Optimizations is running. If you have to switch between modules frequently, either restart the toolset every time or do not use NWNTX Optimizations.

Modifié par pope_leo, 09 août 2013 - 12:48 .

Legacy_meaglyn

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 02:44:05 am »

Thanks pope_leo. I do have nwntx installed but it likes to crash sometimes so I don't use it. I'm assuming it doesn't load anything if not started with the loader.  I don't remember installing any
plugins though.  Restarting the toolset is not that much more time than reopening the module
anyway...