Author Topic: Script based fx system?  (Read 304 times)

Legacy_3RavensMore

Script based fx system?
« on: February 16, 2013, 09:22:37 pm »

Many moons ago, I found on the Vault a system that allowed for some pretty nice mathematically placed visual effects based of light emitting placeables.  I don't remember what it was called, and can't seem to locate anything like it.  I had it on an old computer, but alas, it crossed over from the world of the living.  Does anyone know what I'm referring to?

Legacy_OldTimeRadio

Script based fx system?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 09:52:50 pm »

Pentagrams & Summoning Circles?

Legacy_3RavensMore

Script based fx system?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 09:58:25 pm »

That's it!  Bows to the OTR.  I've been looking for that for a while.  Thanks!

Legacy_Failed.Bard

Script based fx system?
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 07:56:16 am »

I'm not sure of those scripts ran into the same issues that I did with my beam related tests, but my experiences with them seemed to mirror what FunkySwerve had said at the time, though not for the reason he'd said.
 I'd found my systems worked perfectly in SP, but in MP, even on my own computer testing as a server, close to half the beams simply didn't show in the client, and it seemed random which ones were dropped.
 It led me to believe there might be a limit to how much vfx info the server will send at a given time, though I never tested it enough to find out what the exact conditions and specifics were.

Hopefully you don't run into the same sorts of problems with those, but if they're going into a MP environment, make sure you test them in MP as well, not just SP from the toolset, to ensure you're getting the effect from them you wanted.

Legacy_3RavensMore

Script based fx system?
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 08:56:19 pm »

Ahh...yeah it will be MP.  5-8 players typical.  I know it worked in SP.  Hmmm...I'll have to play with it in MP before using it.