Author Topic: February 2013 Custom Content Challenge: Plants  (Read 1225 times)

Legacy_T0r0

February 2013 Custom Content Challenge: Plants
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2013, 09:28:35 pm »

Lord Sullivan has good tress too. He's still working on his foliage project last I heard. Q had good trees too. What I'm wondering is which is the most efficient? (in regards to game performance).
I always get a stutter on certain tiles, and from previous discussions I'm thinking it could the large number of textures(mostly leaves) with transparencies? I'm just guessing tho.

Legacy_Shemsu-Heru

« Reply #91 on: February 18, 2013, 11:58:31 pm »

Farming plants, placeables for NWN:

Derived work from opengameart.org and thefree3dmodels.com

Corn plants don't have PWK I think that is logical that you can walk through them; Also they don't have shadows because of the great number of leafs, they have too much polygons for that. I haven't included portraits, because they are thinking they have any other use that be decorative , so I don't think that they need it.

'Posted
Wine vines

'Posted
Pumkin plants

'Posted
Corn plants. Beware with the psychotic children!,  or they were halfings...?

Modifié par Shemsu-Heru, 18 février 2013 - 11:59 .

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2013, 12:12:08 am »

btw Im not able to get my friend to make the icons for the spell I created, and I am no graphical artist myself so someone will have to take care of this, or I can replace current icons with some default unused ones, so they will not confuse players (atm these spells using icons already used by default spells)

Legacy_3RavensMore

« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2013, 04:40:09 am »

Corn and pumpkins!  Exactly what I've been looking for.  Those look great.

Legacy_The Amethyst Dragon

« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2013, 08:48:05 am »

Found the problem with the foliage texture.  It seems that when I extracted the texture from _six's Wild Woods hak via NWN Explorer, it messed up the texture somehow.  Looked normal in photoshop and gmax, but messed up when I added it to the test hak for the new troll.

Pulled a new copy out via NWHak, and all is good and bushy (and not so pointy).

'Posted

Legacy_Tarot Redhand

« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2013, 11:39:36 am »

That is spectacular and I bet it hates fire even more than ordinary trolls.

TR

Legacy_Rolo Kipp

« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2013, 03:23:35 pm »

<dripping with...>

Big improvement, AD. Also eerily similar to the image so far held safe and secret in my mind of a troll battlerager of Amethyst! (Amethyst trolls are genetically altered Orccen super-soldiers with plant DNA). Something like that in a one on one matchup with a forrestal strider should be epic! =)

Fair warning, I *want* that troll!

<...drool and greed>

Legacy_Zwerkules

« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2013, 03:29:06 pm »

Shemsu, the texture you used for the corn is excellent. It looks so much more natural than textres with just shades of green.

Legacy_The Amethyst Dragon

« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2013, 04:05:09 pm »

Rolo Kipp wrote...

Big improvement, AD. Also eerily similar to the image so far held safe and secret in my mind of a troll battlerager of Amethyst! (Amethyst trolls are genetically altered Orccen super-soldiers with plant DNA). Something like that in a one on one matchup with a forrestal strider should be epic! =)

Fair warning, I *want* that troll!

Well, you can have it...at the end of this month (or a week or so into the next).
:happy:

Legacy_Shemsu-Heru

« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2013, 04:59:30 pm »

Zwerkules wrote...

Shemsu, the texture you used for the corn is excellent. It looks so much more natural than textres with just shades of green.

Well  the textures have come with the model from thefree3dmodels.com, but thanks anyway.....

Legacy_werelynx

« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2013, 06:50:17 pm »

Script is ready but..

'Image

The shroom model does not display in the game. More strange it displayed in the toolset if I deleted every spell from the blueprint, selected dark shroom from tarot hak. Then when I added unique power to the item, in the item properties the mushroom image was no longer displayed.
I don't know how to fix it.

I have also encountered strange behaviour in vfx(rather a feature than a bug):

'Image
'Image
'Image
'Image

The same effect goes for "gate" spell vfx, but I couldn't capture it. Ah the semi random numbers. Notice that player is glowing the same color as this vfxes at the same time.

THIS MEANS you can create an invisible object, make it 'glow'(it would be still invisible I guess) and apply 'weird', 'gate' or 'that fiery dragon thing' to this object and make about 90 NEW VFX FREE!!!!

Anyway the code displays this message after one minute:
'Image

and this message if you(PC) tries to use another shroom while "under influence":
'Image

The vfx are divided in two groups: body effects and other effects(surrounding).
The vfxes are random from what I have picked. They change every 3 seconds for total of one minute.

Here is the project link with Tarot .hak and module file with 2 custom scripts and one item blueprint(custom5)

Inspired by Rolo.

Modifié par werelynx, 19 février 2013 - 07:12 .

Legacy_Fester Pot

« Reply #101 on: February 19, 2013, 08:15:29 pm »

Troll looks mean! Any thoughts on an autumn leaf texture too?

Or even a white one for winter!

EDIT: O.M.G! Or even just mean looking dead branches, with no leaves at all!

FP!

Modifié par Fester Pot, 19 février 2013 - 08:51 .

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2013, 10:58:46 am »

I found interesting source for a plant creatures. Its pathfinder. While there arent images, they are described enough to imagine how they perhaps look like.

I found these interesting:

Mandragora: This filthy creature resembles a small, wide-mouthed fat child made from leaves, vines, tree bark, dirt, and pallid tubers.
Fungus Quuen: This eerie creature has the upper body of a beautiful, pale green woman and the lower body of a pulsating mound of fungus.
Phycomid: This tangle of purple-capped mushrooms growing out of a nasty green sludge shudders and writhes, wafting tendrils of smoke
Yellow musk creeper/zombie: Coiling around several human skeletons, this wet green plant's sickly flowers smoke with a nasty yellow vapor. (might be enough just to make a human/elf/zombie with yellow glow vfx applied)

Legacy_werelynx

« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2013, 06:02:05 pm »

With the help of Tarot Redhand I managed to make new version with working icons. "Scroll mushroom" have the normal scroll icon(a bug) and I introduced new misc small mushrooms that are now displaying icon properly. I included new hak edition with Tarot Redhand's icons for misc small items in the project page. I consider it finished now and I will send link to TAD.

Legacy_MerricksDad

« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2013, 09:55:17 pm »

I didn't put a lot of effort into the project this week, but I did get two more models made and a second skin for the first. Now I have a large and huge variety of the one I posted last week. I also have an alternative model (with some bugs) which uses skins and danglymesh together. And now there is also a mini third model. The mixed model and the mini are not yet skinned but should be ready this weekend. I won't get ALL the stuff I intended finished, but its a wonderful start and definitely useable now.

Large Malboro
'Image

Alternate boss-style malboro. Tentacles are fully articulated. Eye knobs are all danglymesh in this one. This one's mouth also opens and closes using skins, but the rest of the body is basic trimesh.
'Image

Mini used as "Naocho" creature. The flower part is danglymesh. The tentacles are fully articulated skins.
'Image