Author Topic: Holey meshes (as opposed to Holy masses)  (Read 265 times)

Legacy_Tiberius_Morguhn

Holey meshes (as opposed to Holy masses)
« on: March 03, 2012, 07:52:27 am »

In doing the work with placeables over the years, I've noticed that many (if not all) of the meshes are not complete.  They were designed for the fixed view angle of the original NWN camera and also to a lesser degree the lack of a "real" z-axis in game (ie.  why is that table UP there where I can't get to it).

Is it worth capping these holes in NWmax?  For many of the placeables, I am doing it already but I have found many that I've missed.  It does up the poly count and in most cases, the capped holes are still not really visible/relevant (think the bottoms of table legs, etc.).

Is it worth fixing these?  What do other CC creators/workers/artists/slaves do?  ':huh:'

Legacy_Failed.Bard

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 08:34:32 am »

Fixing the holes would make it easier to create rotated versions of the normal models, I think.  Upside down tables, chairs laying on their sides, that sort of thing.  Or even have the alternate states built into them as animations.

Hmm...  Off topic, I suppose, though it would certainly be easier to do with complete models.

Legacy_s e n

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 11:09:00 am »

making items from scratch is quicker than fixing that kind of old mesh!

Legacy_NWN_baba yaga

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 04:49:14 pm »

and dont forget to detach the new polys or your shadows can be screwed....