Author Topic: Dwarven Project  (Read 338 times)

Legacy_Draygoth28

Dwarven Project
« on: February 12, 2012, 02:45:43 pm »

I have started working on my Dwarven project again, Thanks to many new features added by this great community.
The open face helmets by TAD, Many Thanks and gratz on something that I once thought imposible.
'Image

I have a few issues, and am not sure how to fix them. With this new found energy I am trying to update my  original mount HAK to make the creatures look much better. I have an issue with textures, in the toolset and on the mount the mane looks really good, but when mounted there are areas that appear white at the base of the mane on the boars head.
'Image

'Image

The second issue is when I use the VFX Hak for the open face Helmets , it overrides some scripts and When PC's mount my creatures the Creature disappears. Any thought or suggestions are most appreciated.

Modifié par Draygoth28, 12 février 2012 - 03:04 .

Legacy_Zwerkules

Dwarven Project
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 03:02:54 pm »

Is the vfx maybe tied to the tail node like the rideable creatures?
As for the white areas at the base of the mane, could you post another screenshot in which this problem is easier to spot than in the last one?

Anyway, great work! That black pig looks just like Grunter, my Carobian war-pig.

Legacy_Draygoth28

Dwarven Project
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 03:08:38 pm »

I just re-posted a pic that shows the issue alittle better. If you look around the top of the neck/shoulder area you will see the white areas I am talking about. Unmounted this area looks very nice as it appears to be hair, but when mounted the panel show up blocky and white.

Legacy_Draygoth28

Dwarven Project
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 03:12:22 pm »

Is there a fix for this if they both use the tail node? I am not sure which node the VFX is setup to use.
When I install the HAK, I get a message that says:
Creature 'zep_wolf_mt3.utc' is missing resource hench_dla_horse.dlg, and I get this message for each variation of my mounts.

Modifié par Draygoth28, 12 février 2012 - 03:19 .

Legacy_Rolo Kipp

Dwarven Project
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 12:26:06 am »

<flickering...>

Check your helmet's vfx script to see if it *removes* visual effects indiscriminately. Something I ran into with the SHoA helmet was that some of the visual effect scripts out there clear the visual effects when equipped/unequipped. Then again, the wearer's *head* still occasionally disappears...

Something else I noticed (tangential), if you put in a mist effect (animated mist image on a plane) at about hip height, then obliterate a whole gang of creatures, the treasure drop can only be seen by it's tab-glow. The drop model is invisible.

I'm pretty sure all these vanishing-behind-effects problems are related, but I sure don't know the solution.

Edit: Helmet VFX use the head node. Why would they use the tail node? Unless they're keeping their head in a warm dark place... ;-)

<...like a candle in the wind>

Modifié par Rolo Kipp, 13 février 2012 - 12:27 .

Legacy_Rolo Kipp

Dwarven Project
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 12:38:05 am »

<talking...>

Draygoth28 wrote...
When I install the HAK, I get a message that says: Creature 'zep_wolf_mt3.utc' is missing resource hench_dla_horse.dlg, and I get this message for each variation of my mounts.

Find a hak that has the hench_dla_horse.dlg in it. It's the horse conversation tied to the blueprints you based your mounts on.
You need to get that dialog into your mod someway or other (hak or erf). Then go into your troublesome blueprints and add that dialog at the bottom of the first tab (Basic):
'Image

Hmmm, actually, just adding the file to your hak should clear it up, since they are complaining about *not* having it :-P <long day at starbucks, boss?>
Yup. <wired?>
Yupyup. <thought so>

<...everyone's ear off>

Modifié par Rolo Kipp, 13 février 2012 - 12:39 .

Legacy_Borden Haelven

Dwarven Project
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 02:28:38 am »

<looks around confused>

How did I end up in here? Must been some dodgy dwarven ale.

<walks out scratching head...>

Legacy_Rolo Kipp

Dwarven Project
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 02:31:49 am »

<offers a mug...>

I like your convo ;-) <and he's kinda punchy, at the mo>
Right. *B closing, you're all safe 'til tomorrow. <it *is* tomorrow for borden>
Oh, hush, Bother. I'm tired.

<...of dodgy dwarven ale>