Author Topic: Community Patch discussion and development thread  (Read 20340 times)

Legacy_Shadooow

Community Patch discussion and development thread
« Reply #720 on: May 06, 2015, 09:31:59 am »

Nevermind.

Legacy_Sir Roderick

« Reply #721 on: May 06, 2015, 02:11:22 pm »

Looking for help to add Tatoo2 as colored lips to 8 heads that werent in high quality before. I already colored eyes, that was simple, but Im afraid that coloring lips in a way it would look good will be much harded and need some playtesting so Im looking volunteers.

We are talking here about PLT textures, to open and modify you need PLT Editor, its easy to use and it works like a paint, just zoom it and color the lips with T2 brush. Save, put into override and try in a game.

Files

Shadooow, did you try the JenX heads? (One of the links in my second post in the other thread.) They've mainly just got the color channels the other way around, lips as tattoo 1 and eyes as tattoo 2, but maybe switching those around is the easiest way to get these heads right?

Legacy_Philos

« Reply #722 on: May 06, 2015, 04:50:13 pm »

Found the issue, I forgot to give a copy of the new tlk file. Everything is working great.

Legacy_Philos

« Reply #723 on: May 27, 2015, 05:50:39 pm »

When using animal companions and they are killed the controlling player takes 5 damage as if they were a familiar. 

This should not happen.

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #724 on: May 28, 2015, 08:16:29 am »

When using animal companions and they are killed the controlling player takes 5 damage as if they were a familiar. 

This should not happen.

thanks for report, ill try to fix it asap

I know how this happened, this workaround has some serious issues and I was trying to make it in way it will be backwards compatible, but Im not so sure it can be done when everytime a new issue rises ':unsure:' . Hopefully I wont have to remove this feature, I really like it as a ranger/druid favored class player.

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #725 on: May 28, 2015, 06:55:24 pm »

This should not happen.

Actually, I just checked code and didnt see an error which could cause this so I tried in game and I wasnt able to reproduce it. Are you using beta 6 or beta 7? Multiplayer (NWNX) or singleplayer (NWNCX)?

EDIT: the reason why I wasnt able to reproduce this issue is that I already fixed it in my local copy.

Legacy_Philos

« Reply #726 on: June 05, 2015, 04:39:47 am »

I am using beta 7 with NWNX multiplayer.

Nice to know its fixable. We will keep looking for other issues. Thanks for the work.

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #727 on: June 08, 2015, 09:28:25 am »

Okay thank you Shadooow. I'm surprised to hear that some think it's OP(no offense meant), since after lots and lots(really) of tests I ended up removing the feat. My toon still looses focus from time to time(keeping on attacking the target of the kick, forgetting the initial target), and the kick sometimes totally breaks the attack "sequence", along with the already well known "stop attacking and be flat-footed" when a targeted opponent moves too far before the kick fires. Altogether these drawbacks make the usefulness of the feat somewhat dubious, but maybe it's just me who coded and tested way too much during the last few months...

Kato 

I have here possible fix. Its untested, as its very hard to test... Its only theory.

I think that the heart of the issue is that unarmed attack has 3.5 units attack range. Thats the same as for most medium melee weapons. Problem is that unlike weapons, the unarmed attack range cannot be modified via baseitems.2da, so I hooked the function calculating this range and pushed 2.5 everytime a character is unarmed. In theory this should fix, or at least help the issue significally.

BUT, since this function is running extremely often, there is a lag threat which needs to be confirmed (in a long term run probably). Also it might have side effects. I need to help test this.

There is no logging and no confirmation, its in order to prevent lag issues and log file bloating as it runs really often.

You can download special version of nwnx_patch here, at this moment I dont have client version, if you test in singleplayer I guess I can make this tomorrow.

Philos, this version has also fixed the animal companion behaving as familiar issue. So you can try it if you are using it for server.

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #728 on: June 11, 2015, 08:50:15 am »

Im close to final release however there is a lot of stuff I cant do myself and I need help with. Im looking for help with these tasks:

1) Rewrite the 1.71 in the main GUI image to 1.72 (or bring new GUI maybe colorful one this time, but it must be something generic)

Unfortunately I dont have the original image and I dont know which font was used. The original author is gone from NWN community and I cant contact him, so the ending "1" needs to be erased and replaced with "2" with correct font which needs to be found first... If you do this, this time please provide me also the layered file from image editor you used to do this so this wont be issue in future. Image download.

2) Colorize the Eye of Gruumsh and Shou Disciple icons.

I already have an attempt from White Dragon but it doesnt match the already existing ones the way I would like. I guess its better than having them colorless but if someone might take a try I would be grateful. Icon download.

3) Linux port of the nwnx_patch plugin.

This is not so important I can release it without it I think as I expect further development of the plugin only anyway. And elven already expressed intent to do this someday, but if there is anyone who is interested in doing this I will send him sources.

4) To fix the cloak issue as described and explained here. I will try to contact original creator OTR but till he responds if anyone wanna try to take a look it would be great.

EDIT: also need help to decide one feature

5) I was thinking about the spell metamagic rework I did a while ago in one of the 1.72betas. The purpose is to allow builder to add metamagic together via Spell Hook and CPP spell variables. Basically metamagic will no longer be always exact value but a bitflag.

While I rewrote all spellscripts to use bitwse AND (&) instead of ==, I realized that if builder uses this feature and make a spell to be both extended and empowered, if the spell doesnt use CPP spell engine (for some reason), none of the metamagic will work. This could be solved differently by using a secondary variable like spell.MetaNew or spell.Meta2 and then check for if(spell.Meta == METAMAGIC_EXTEND || spell.MetaNew == METAMAGIC_EXTEND) instead of if(spell.Meta & METAMAGIC_EXTEND) as it is now. This way the spell.Meta would remain the original value and thus a spell using vanilla spellscript would still be extended (empower wouldnt have worked ofc but thats expected).

Questions are:

- is is worth to rewrite this way when builder that wants this kind of feature would have made sure all his spells are using CPP spell engine?

- is this way more readdable, ie. could it be worth to remake just for the easier to understand/use?

Modifié par Shadooow, 11 juin 2015 - 09:46 .

Legacy_Gruftlord

« Reply #729 on: June 14, 2015, 01:50:41 pm »

itried to look into the gui thing, but failed. is there some kind of NWN font file hidden within the NWN files that could be used as a base? also, would you know, where the background image originally came from?

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #730 on: June 14, 2015, 04:08:11 pm »

itried to look into the gui thing, but failed. is there some kind of NWN font file hidden within the NWN files that could be used as a base? also, would you know, where the background image originally came from?

I end up in the same dead end. The answer for both questions is I don't know. I only know the person who made them, Dark Defiance. He is no longer active afaik.

Legacy_Philos

« Reply #731 on: June 17, 2015, 06:50:29 pm »

1) Rewrite the 1.71 in the main GUI image to 1.72 (or bring new GUI maybe colorful one this time, but it must be something generic)

Unfortunately I dont have the original image and I dont know which font was used. The original author is gone from NWN community and I cant contact him, so the ending "1" needs to be erased and replaced with "2" with correct font which needs to be found first... If you do this, this time please provide me also the layered file from image editor you used to do this so this wont be issue in future. Image download.

2) Colorize the Eye of Gruumsh and Shou Disciple icons.

I already have an attempt from White Dragon but it doesnt match the already existing ones the way I would like. I guess its better than having them colorless but if someone might take a try I would be grateful. Icon download.

3) Linux port of the nwnx_patch plugin.

This is not so important I can release it without it I think as I expect further development of the plugin only anyway. And elven already expressed intent to do this someday, but if there is anyone who is interested in doing this I will send him sources.

4) To fix the cloak issue as described and explained here. I will try to contact original creator OTR but till he responds if anyone wanna try to take a look it would be great.

I'm sorry I'm not good at those things.

5) I was thinking about the spell metamagic rework I did a while ago in one of the 1.72betas. The purpose is to allow builder to add metamagic together via Spell Hook and CPP spell variables. Basically metamagic will no longer be always exact value but a bitflag.

While I rewrote all spellscripts to use bitwse AND (&) instead of ==, I realized that if builder uses this feature and make a spell to be both extended and empowered, if the spell doesnt use CPP spell engine (for some reason), none of the metamagic will work. This could be solved differently by using a secondary variable like spell.MetaNew or spell.Meta2 and then check for if(spell.Meta == METAMAGIC_EXTEND || spell.MetaNew == METAMAGIC_EXTEND) instead of if(spell.Meta & METAMAGIC_EXTEND) as it is now. This way the spell.Meta would remain the original value and thus a spell using vanilla spellscript would still be extended (empower wouldnt have worked ofc but thats expected).

Questions are:

- is is worth to rewrite this way when builder that wants this kind of feature would have made sure all his spells are using CPP spell engine?

- is this way more readdable, ie. could it be worth to remake just for the easier to understand/use?

I'd don't think its worth the rewrite. If you are using the new code you should be using the spell scripts as well.

Also I downloaded the patch and am testing it... Thank you!

Legacy_Philos

« Reply #732 on: June 28, 2015, 10:54:19 pm »

I'm having a new issue.

Summoned creatures with natural weapons will move up to enemies and just stand there. Any enemies with natural weapons will do the same thing, but only to my summoned creatures. When they move up to me they attack.

Whats interesting is if I give the Summoned Dire Bear a Short sword it will attack as normal, but the other creatures will not return the attack. Only creatures with actual melee weapons will attack.

I am using Tony's AI scripts with the 1.72 patch.

I've been looking around the combat scripts but am not sure what could be causing it.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #733 on: June 29, 2015, 05:31:57 am »

I'm having a new issue.

Summoned creatures with natural weapons will move up to enemies and just stand there. Any enemies with natural weapons will do the same thing, but only to my summoned creatures. When they move up to me they attack.

Whats interesting is if I give the Summoned Dire Bear a Short sword it will attack as normal, but the other creatures will not return the attack. Only creatures with actual melee weapons will attack.

I am using Tony's AI scripts with the 1.72 patch.

I've been looking around the combat scripts but am not sure what could be causing it.

Any help with this would be appreciated

Thsi might be relatedtotheexperimental change i did in this special release. Try disable nwnx plugin if it will work, if so the experimental change has to be removed.

Legacy_Philos

« Reply #734 on: June 29, 2015, 05:53:16 am »

If I pull the nwnx_patch out of the directory then they work.