Author Topic: Community Patch discussion and development thread  (Read 20346 times)

Legacy_Mistes

Community Patch discussion and development thread
« Reply #690 on: January 25, 2015, 12:03:11 pm »

Okay so this morning I took the NWN1 1.69 , but when I'm beginning to install it says that NWN is not found and ask me to reinstall the game from the original CD-Rom and try again . Do i really have to do this ? or is there another solution ? ( Sorry I'm not a pro when it concern patches and all ) 

Thanks in advance 

Legacy_Pstemarie

« Reply #691 on: January 25, 2015, 12:26:44 pm »

Mistes, what is the directory path to your main NWN installation folder? It should be C:\Neverwinter Nights\NWN. If not you'll need to reinstall and manually assign the installer to install to that location. There should be an option within the installer that will allow you to do that.

Legacy_Gruftlord

« Reply #692 on: January 25, 2015, 01:54:11 pm »

hm, i never had a Problem with installing the patch, when nwn was in a different Folder. the patch is supposed to know where you installed the game. did you make sure you have the correct language patch for your game? the link Shadooow gave you was to the english Version of the patch.

Legacy_Mistes

« Reply #693 on: January 25, 2015, 03:45:12 pm »

Hi , I Think now that perhaps I'm in the wrong place for my problem I'm sorry for the trouble .I thought that nwn was a game that worked like other games of bioware  ( with installation of mods ) and that a patch was named nwn for fixing bugs at other games (of bioware)  .

thank you and I'm so sorry for the trouble (I though we talked about DA:I lol I'm clumsy)

Legacy_WodahsEht

« Reply #694 on: February 07, 2015, 02:11:23 am »

Bug report:

It appears that the Endure Elements line of spells (Resist Elements/Protection from Elements) seems not to do anything anymore.  It's probably an issue with the new 70_s0_elements, but I haven't checked.

Legacy_WodahsEht

« Reply #695 on: February 08, 2015, 04:08:43 am »

Another bug to report:

I'm playing through HotU using the 1.72b7 patch.  For some reason the henchmen like to stand around and do nothing unless I explicitly tell them to join the battle.  Happened so far in Chapter 1 and Chapter 2.

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #696 on: February 08, 2015, 05:12:51 am »

Bug report:

It appears that the Endure Elements line of spells (Resist Elements/Protection from Elements) seems not to do anything anymore.  It's probably an issue with the new 70_s0_elements, but I haven't checked.

Hmm really. I mismatched script name in game and in 2da, I didnt spotted this because I had spells.2da in override...

This will fix it, extract into override till I make new version or revert to version beta6 for now.

Another bug to report:

I'm playing through HotU using the 1.72b7 patch.  For some reason the henchmen like to stand around and do nothing unless I explicitly tell them to join the battle.  Happened so far in Chapter 1 and Chapter 2.

Can you send me savegame when this happens so I can debug it? I remember I was solving same problem once already, but not sure about details. You can send it on shadooow (at) seznam (dot) cz

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #697 on: February 12, 2015, 06:39:37 am »

I added some screenshots from a tileset related issues fixed in last CPP releases. As my vague description of the issue could not be enough sometimes, so if you wonder what was wrong on specific tile there you can see it highlighted. Note these are not all issues fixed, I will try to enlarge my screenshot collection later.

Legacy_Kato -

« Reply #698 on: February 14, 2015, 02:35:45 pm »

It looks like some creature models/textures are not correctly displayed in the toolset. So far, one of the orcs and bodak display 2 "superposed" creatues. I'm not saying it comes from the patch, just wondering?

Kato

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #699 on: February 15, 2015, 09:26:17 am »

It looks like some creature models/textures are not correctly displayed in the toolset. So far, one of the orcs and bodak display 2 "superposed" creatues. I'm not saying it comes from the patch, just wondering?

Kato

well to clarify/proof that something is caused by my patch all you need to do is temporarily disable it via this method:

in NWN folder, rename xp2patch.key to 171_xp2patch.key, and rename xp2patch.key.bak to xo2patch.key, assuming you installed patch via installer with create backup option, if you dont have a backup of this file, you can download original here (uninstall).

And no I dont think its caused by patch, but screenshot would help.

Legacy_Kato -

« Reply #700 on: February 15, 2015, 03:42:23 pm »

Okay thank you Shadooow, I'll PM you the screenshot.

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #701 on: February 15, 2015, 04:56:58 pm »

Okay thank you Shadooow, I'll PM you the screenshot.

Oh. Its caused by CPP actually. I couldnt imagine from the description now when you send me screenshots, I know how that happened. The secondary creature you see is from tail. It seems that some nwn creature basic blueprints have assigned wings and tails with weird numbers which wouldnt existed in the time these blueprints were created. Neither these models had wings and tails allowed, thats a new feature from CPP where every humanoid model can have wings and tails. Which with a new tails as a creature from 1.69 caused this now.

I will have to edit these blueprints and remove wings/tails assigned to them. Can you check if there are more like these?

Legacy_Kato -

« Reply #702 on: February 15, 2015, 06:25:22 pm »

Sure thing, I have checked them all(but not the NPCs), here are the ResRefs I have found:

- nw_orcchiefa

- nw_bodak

Kato

Legacy_Lilura

« Reply #703 on: March 16, 2015, 04:21:09 am »

I was thinking of installing this for the official content, but how do I install it manually?

I downloaded the 7z file and extracted it to the NWN dir, but nothing happened.

Nevermind, I get it now.

Legacy_Kato -

« Reply #704 on: March 20, 2015, 05:27:28 pm »

Hey, would it be possible to "softcode" Circle Kick? The current patch fix is more than welcome, of course, yet the feat itself is still somewhat useless. It would be awesome to have it modifiable. 

Kato