Author Topic: Vaei - Additional Animations: Upgrading to 1.69 Compliance  (Read 879 times)

Legacy_Pstemarie

Vaei - Additional Animations: Upgrading to 1.69 Compliance
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 04:53:54 pm »

Whoa thread explosion.... 'B)'

Ok here's what I've done so far (applicable to those using Project Q):

1. Created a new pheno (pheno 43) for Vaei's Additional Animations - http://nwvault.ign.c....detail&id=6150

2. Added support for the new pheno in q_inc_acp.nss. To access the new phenotype you would type "style vaei" into the PC Chat Bar and hit enter. This will switch your character to the new pheno. To revert to the normal pheno you would type "style normal"

3. Added support for playing animations to q_inc_acp.nss. What this means is that it is now possible to play custom animations by typing the proper code into the PC Chat Bar. To activate Vaei's animations you must have set the correct pheno ("style vaei"), then type "anim " plus one of the following key phrases:

onward
thought
headache
crossed
jump
follow
crouch
uh-oh
grokko
sleep

Thus, for example, to play the sleep animation you would type "anim sleep" in the PC Chat Bar and hit enter.

4. Currently pheno 43 only supports the "normal" body type. If your character uses the "large" body type it will switch to the normal body type while using the new pheno.

Cloak and Robe Support
Cloak and robe models will have to be created for the new phenotype, otherwise they will not appear on the model. I'll work on this over the course of the next few days. The next step will be to add cloak animation for the sleep and jump animations. Because the "stiff" cloaks look ok on the other animations, I probably won't be doing anything with the cloaks for those.

Modifié par Pstemarie, 13 novembre 2011 - 05:14 .

Legacy_Pstemarie

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 05:43:53 pm »

Removed.

Modifié par Pstemarie, 13 novembre 2011 - 05:48 .

Legacy_Rolo Kipp

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 05:52:39 pm »

<thinking...>

Ack! Removed response to removed post =)

<...hurts sometimes>

Modifié par Rolo Kipp, 13 novembre 2011 - 05:55 .

Legacy_Calvinthesneak

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 07:44:47 pm »

I am still trying to understand why you are using another phenotype.  1.69 provided 20 custom animation slots.  Should it not be possible to use these in slots 1-10, and then RAS in slots 11-20?

I appreciate the work regardless this is a huge plus.  

Yes I realize there are a few artifacts from 1.69 that never got taken out, but many of those animations are just what I would consider extension of the default bioware ones.  Stuff like crossing arms, crouching, etc.k

I suppose it's me not understanding the complexity here, but they were previously in slots 1-10 on the default supermodel.  Is it just a desire not to have to mess with the rather large default supermodel files?

Legacy_Calvinthesneak

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 07:50:16 pm »

As I noted I played years ago with these, and the results were not terribly satisfactory.

http://nwvault.ign.c....Detail&id=1334

Modifié par Calvinthesneak, 13 novembre 2011 - 07:51 .

Legacy_AndarianTD

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 08:09:53 pm »

Calvinthesneak wrote...

I am still trying to understand why you are using another phenotype.  1.69 provided 20 custom animation slots.  Should it not be possible to use these in slots 1-10, and then RAS in slots 11-20? ... Yes I realize there are a few artifacts from 1.69 that never got taken out, but many of those animations are just what I would consider extension of the default bioware ones.  Stuff like crossing arms, crouching, etc.

Are you suggesting replacing the first ten custom animations? Speaking personally, I very much wouldn't appreciate that, since I use at least one of them extensively. LOOPING_CUSTOM4, the jousting animation, is the basis for my pegasus takeoff animations (see here and here). I don't even know how I would go about pulling that animation back out and re-inserting it into my top hak to negate such an override -- which is what I would have to do if it were replaced.

Modifié par AndarianTD, 13 novembre 2011 - 08:16 .

Legacy_Pstemarie

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 08:17:47 pm »

Calvin, its strictly from a perspective of what's best for Q. The original slots used by Vaei conflict with 1.69 and the slots you used, 11-20, conflict with Project Q. Therefore it was easier to just make them a new pheno.

Legacy_Calvinthesneak

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 08:19:58 pm »

The supermodel would just have to go back into your top hak.  And yes I was suggesting replacing the first ten animations because many of them aren't used (with some notable exceptions).  As for the jousting animations don't they already exist in their own phenotype? I think 5.

At any rate the custom 4 animation might be easier to use as a default animation.  That was sort of my point though,  if you have to go through phenotype change it's a bit slow and cumbersome, especially if it's just for something small and minor such as jumping or being in a thinking position.

Legacy_Calvinthesneak

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2011, 08:22:00 pm »

Yeah I know about slots 11-20 being used, as soon as I released my old version of the Vaei anims for slot 11-20 ninjaweaselman said he was using them for RAS, it's even in the comments on the page where I posted them.

The explanation makes enough sense however, I'll just have to do some thinking about how to do implementation.

Legacy_Pstemarie

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 08:23:27 pm »

It takes the game less than a second to swap phenotypes, not including the time it take you to type "style vaei" in the chat menu. We also want to keep the other custom anims open for potential use later on.

Legacy_Pstemarie

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2011, 08:27:21 pm »

Implementation should be pretty simple - for PCs you can use the method we use in Q which is voice chat or you could even attach them to those PC Tool feat that were added (using Vaei's scripts as a base).

For NPCs you would just have to set the phenotype to 43 and then you could use ActionPlayAnimation to make it do whatever.

When I setup the pheno I also included all the default anims from 1.69 - so the pheno has the full animation selection without any of the additional animations added by the romantic suite.

Legacy_AndarianTD

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2011, 08:43:08 pm »

Calvinthesneak wrote...

As for the jousting animations don't they already exist in their own phenotype? I think 5.

I think you're right, and that I may have been getting the two confused. I use them for mounted characters, who would have to be in the mounted phenotype already. As long as the two are separate that shouldn't cause any problems for me.

At any rate the custom 4 animation might be easier to use as a default animation.  That was sort of my point though,  if you have to go through phenotype change it's a bit slow and cumbersome, especially if it's just for something small and minor such as jumping or being in a thinking position.

I agree that pheno changes can be a hassle for this. The visible hiccup when I use triggers to switch between swimming and flying phenos (for example, when someone walks into a lake to swim) are a bit jarring. It will make the new animations a bit more awkward to use. The fact that those aren't visible with the non-pheno RAS animations is something I always appreciated, but I think that's too much to ask in general.

Modifié par AndarianTD, 13 novembre 2011 - 08:45 .

Legacy_Pstemarie

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2011, 08:52:26 pm »

As I said - Project Q would like to keep the lower animation slots open for possible future development. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing that crawl animation and a swimming animation in two of those slots.

Legacy_Pstemarie

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 09:07:43 pm »

Ack...I think me arms gonna break....dammit Andarian and Calvin leggo!!

Ok, ok, I'm gonna rethink this. Talking with Six now and he's more for adding them to the normal pheno

Legacy_Calvinthesneak

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2011, 10:24:49 pm »

It's entirely up to you guys, you are the ones doing the work.  I am not trying to be pushy, simply make the case for how I saw them (and how Vaei saw them, since he put them in slots 1-10).

I will be happy with whatever form you put them out in, and I could probably muddle through myself given enough time, but keyframes scare me (well all animation does).