Author Topic: Odd bug  (Read 833 times)

Legacy_Prizzard

Odd bug
« on: September 28, 2014, 04:48:46 am »

I can't find this bug on the web or any fix for it.. but sometimes when I gain a level I get stuck at that level. I'll go through all the steps, confirm, and it'll subtract experience to remove the level, then give it right back. First few times I just started a new game, but now I'm in chapter 2 of the main campaign. I've tried using console to remove xp and level naturally, level by cheat, remove a few levels and add them again.. no luck.

Legacy_HipMaestro

Odd bug
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 03:43:33 pm »

Have you tried re-installing? Seems as though something basic was missed somehow (it CAN happen).

Have you had similar problems leveling trying to play one of the expansions, a premium module or another vanilla module?

I am assuming you patched to v1.69 using the critical rebuild for your version and have no custom overrides, haks or utilities installed in your ../nwn/* folder(s).  I doubt that even with customizations present you would experience what you are, but it would be easiest to determine performance anomalies with a basic, raw installation intact.

Legacy_Prizzard

Odd bug
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 04:34:19 pm »

Yes, I used the 1.69 critical rebuild, PRC, and CEP 2.4. I didn't have this problem in Kingmaker or when I ported that character to a custom module. I'll try it without the addons and a fresh install and report back

Legacy_Prizzard

Odd bug
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 05:33:21 pm »

No luck. Couldn't load the module without the PRC and with the PRC I still have the same issue.

Legacy_Shadooow

Odd bug
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 07:34:52 pm »

its old PRC issue, on PW a fix was to relog or reboot server, not sure how to fix this in single player mode

Technically: the cause is inconsistency between feats.2da and cls_feat_*.2da, more specifically in the class you try to get there is somwhere defined a feat that doesnt exists in feats.2da. Usually this occurs at lvl 3 of the selected class (not character level) but might happen anytime I guess.

Legacy_Prizzard

Odd bug
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 09:12:19 pm »

I just tried out your patch and love that the icons finally have color, and I'm sure I'll find more wonderful additions and fixes. Didn't help this bug, though. Found the 2da files, but I have doubts that I should merge them.

Legacy_MrZork

Odd bug
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 10:52:44 pm »

I have never tried the PRC with any module. But, I have dug through some of the files in the past. At one point (version 3.4?), the PRC shipped with prc_ocfix.erf that could be imported into the OC. Have you done that?

This is less of a likely issue since it seems likely that a custom level-up script is running, but... Are you playing the OC module that was saved with the PRC? Sometimes, people would mod the OCs and then either forget to start their modified versions or start the modified version and then finish one chapter and start the next with the unmodified version. Not sure if that was a problem for people playing the PRC or not.

Meanwhile, someone may be able to figure out what the missing feat is for you if you are more detailed about the level that causes the problem. What classes and does your toon have before leveling, what class are you truing to level in, and what feats are you choosing (or which ones are chosen for you)?

Legacy_Prizzard

Odd bug
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 01:32:37 am »

Fighter2/Sorcerer3, taking a 4th in Sorcerer. Want to take the Practiced Spellcaster feat, Luminous Armor spell, and want to trade Mage Armor for Identify, but I can't level up even taking Combat Casting and Fireburst.

I did use the OCfix and this save has used the PRC all along. If anyone else is using the PRC I have no problem emailing the save.

Legacy_Shadooow

Odd bug
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 02:48:07 am »

I just tried out your patch and love that the icons finally have color, and I'm sure I'll find more wonderful additions and fixes. Didn't help this bug, though. Found the 2da files, but I have doubts that I should merge them.

no my patch wont help in this case at all

As for 2das that was answer targeted to custom content creators/potentional experienced users curious about this. Without deepr understanding of the various 2da files this info is useless to you.

What feats you trying to take doesnt really matter. The problem is a feat that is described but not existed. Its quite hard to find it because of so high number of feats in PRC.

OC fix is for different issue wont help with this.

I dont really see any easy way to solve this sorry.

Legacy_Prizzard

Odd bug
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 03:57:14 am »

I'm playing around in 2da files now trying to create a class. It's my first attempt, but most things seem self-explanatory.

Even picking another class and non-PRC feats won't let me lvl, so are you saying a feat I was already using disappeared or broke?

I can look up each feat I have, but I don't know where to check existence

Legacy_Shadooow

Odd bug
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 04:08:17 am »

I'm playing around in 2da files now trying to create a class. It's my first attempt, but most things seem self-explanatory.

Even picking another class and non-PRC feats won't let me lvl, so are you saying a feat I was already using disappeared or broke?

I can look up each feat I have, but I don't know where to check existence

nop you dont even have it, its a fead defined for one of the classes you took but not existing in feat.2da table

Legacy_Prizzard

Odd bug
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 06:56:41 am »

So.. look at the feats per level for the classes and the ones I took and try to match those listed in those 2da files with the feat.2da file?

Legacy_Shadooow

Odd bug
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 09:07:49 am »

So.. look at the feats per level for the classes and the ones I took and try to match those listed in those 2da files with the feat.2da file?

No, again its not the problem of what you took or want to take.

The problem is that one of the feat in the cls_feat_*nameprc*.2da, can be any of them, refers to nonexistant feat line in feat,2da

its possible to track this down but doing that manually... oh man take ages

Legacy_MrZork

Odd bug
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 01:04:21 am »

If it's just those cls_feat_*nameprc*.2da files, that may not really be too hard to check, with a little automation. I may take a crack at it.

Legacy_Shadooow

Odd bug
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 01:20:15 am »

If it's just those cls_feat_*nameprc*.2da files, that may not really be too hard to check, with a little automation. I may take a crack at it.

for fighter and sorcerer, then check every feat id with the feat.2da under that line, feat is invalid when there is **** instead of tlk reference for name