Author Topic: onhit effects  (Read 391 times)

Legacy_fumm

onhit effects
« on: September 09, 2014, 08:56:16 pm »

i don't understand the weapon onhit effects. 

suppose a weapon has onhit Wounding DC26 does that mean that when i get hit by it i have to roll d20+my fort save against DC26 or d20+15 against DC26 or d20+something else against DC26? 

Legacy_WhiZard

onhit effects
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 10:49:13 pm »

First let's distinguish On-Hit/On Monster Hit versus On-Hit Cast Spell

On-Hit/On Monster Hit are hardcoded.  They occur only if the target sustains physical damage, and sometimes occur only a percentage of these hits (typically 25%).  On Hit Wounding occurs every hit that deals physical damage.  It is resisted by a fortitude save (d20 + fort save vs. DC).

On-Hit Cast Spell is scripted.  It occurs every hit regardless of damage dealt.  Only one On-Hit Cast Spell can occur at a time.

Legacy_fumm

onhit effects
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 10:57:44 pm »

oh ok that makes sense thanks. I got another question this time regarding module making. I dont like the item level restrictions the toolset is giving me. I want to make my own item level restrictions... how do i do that? 

Legacy_Shadooow

onhit effects
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 11:44:37 pm »

oh ok that makes sense thanks. I got another question this time regarding module making. I dont like the item level restrictions the toolset is giving me. I want to make my own item level restrictions... how do i do that? 

Usually you disable normal ILR at all and then script your own using variable on item. If the level is lower than variable value then you unequip the item in OnEquip event.

This wont make item "red" though. If you desire this your only chance is NWN©X, my patch plugin offers this - ie. you keep default ILR and via a variable on item you can override it for items you want to.

Legacy_MagicalMaster

onhit effects
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 12:28:09 am »

I dont like the item level restrictions the toolset is giving me. I want to make my own item level restrictions... how do i do that? 

Yes, the restrictions are really stupid and the toolset is horrible at valuing items correctly.  Turn off ILR.  Off off off.

Like Shadow said, you'll want to script your own custom system if that's your goal.

Legacy_WhiZard

onhit effects
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 01:48:20 am »

This wont make item "red" though. If you desire this your only chance is NWN©X, my patch plugin offers this - ie. you keep default ILR and via a variable on item you can override it for items you want to.

Or you could change the entries in itemvalue.2da.

Legacy_fumm

onhit effects
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 04:45:10 am »

Usually you disable normal ILR at all and then script your own using variable on item. If the level is lower than variable value then you unequip the item in OnEquip event. 

cool can you provide a script template for that?