Author Topic: NWN Gamespy Server Replacement Project  (Read 11097 times)

Legacy_virusman

NWN Gamespy Server Replacement Project
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2013, 01:44:37 am »

And here is the (hopefully) final NWNCX 0.2.6 release:
http://data.virusman...nwncx-0.2.6.rar

Please test it and report any problems here or on NWNX forums.

Modifié par virusman, 06 février 2013 - 01:48 .

Legacy_Thayan

« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2013, 02:23:44 am »

F-ing awesome. Works beautifully. I sincerely want to thank you virusman, Sandrax, Skywing, and everyone else who made this possible. Amazing work.

Legacy_Werehound Silverfang

« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2013, 03:51:07 am »

Games listed under Action aren't showing up? Anyone else experience this?

Legacy_T0r0

« Reply #108 on: February 06, 2013, 03:53:41 am »

My god !! Seems to work perfectly.
Couple quick observations.. Filters don't seem to do anything. Just saying because I have a few red servers on my list which I couldn't get rid of, I assume are still password protected? Not a big deal at all.
I probably updated my nwncx the long way (I deleted my already modified exe and everything else and started over again). For future reference, what's the best way to update?

*seconding, nothing under action*

Modifié par T0r0, 06 février 2013 - 03:55 .

Legacy_The Amethyst Dragon

« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2013, 07:27:04 am »

Tested this with both patch and loader, not getting any change on the blank server list.  Of course, each of the three times I downloaded the 0.2.6 file, I get an error message when extracting nwncx_serverlist.dll:

winrar - "CRC failed in nwncx_serverlist.dll. The file is corrupt"
7zip - "CRC failed in nwncx_serverlist.dll. File is broken."

Legacy_virusman

« Reply #110 on: February 06, 2013, 07:56:51 am »

Werehound Silverfang wrote...

There are no servers under this category (see nwnlist.com).

T0r0 wrote...

My god !! Seems to work perfectly.
Couple quick observations.. Filters don't seem to do anything. Just saying because I have a few red servers on my list which I couldn't get rid of, I assume are still password protected? Not a big deal at all.

This is a known issue for now, as well as ping always being 75. I think it's minor, but we may get around to fixing that in later versions.

T0r0 wrote...
I probably updated my nwncx the long way (I deleted my already modified exe and everything else and started over again). For future reference, what's the best way to update?

You don't need to re-patch every time: the patch only makes nwmain load NWNCX DLL on start. It's enough to just update the DLLs.

The Amethyst Dragon wrote...

Tested this with both patch and loader, not getting any change on the blank server list. Of course, each of the three times I downloaded the 0.2.6 file, I get an error message when extracting nwncx_serverlist.dll:

winrar - "CRC failed in nwncx_serverlist.dll. The file is corrupt"
7zip - "CRC failed in nwncx_serverlist.dll. File is broken."

This is odd. I just downloaded and checked the .rar, it unpacks fine on my machine.

Modifié par virusman, 06 février 2013 - 08:42 .

Legacy_The Amethyst Dragon

« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2013, 04:48:31 pm »

I just downloaded the file on another computer, and then copied over the files to my normal one.  Evidently my regular computer just doesn't like this particular .rar file.  I've got it working now.

Now I just need to figure out how to get my own server listed.  I changed the hosts file on it back in mid-January, but I may have outdated information.

Legacy_painofdungeoneternal

« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2013, 05:31:40 pm »

A. Use the API to dynamically list it ( requires programming ).
B. Use this page to add it to the tracker - http://www.nwnlist.com/register  ( this basically is an implementation of that API, and anyone can add a server to the tracker, even a player, the API itself will then check the ip and port to verify there is a server there and monitor it's status. )

Either way, once it's in the pool to be tracked, it will be monitored. Hopefully we get a nwnx plugin to automate that sooner or later (hint, hint).

Legacy_Sandrax

« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2013, 08:04:45 pm »

The Amethyst Dragon wrote...

I just downloaded the file on another computer, and then copied over the files to my normal one.  Evidently my regular computer just doesn't like this particular .rar file.  I've got it working now.

Now I just need to figure out how to get my own server listed.  I changed the hosts file on it back in mid-January, but I may have outdated information.

I've been working on a fan edition of NWNX2 (its a different branch) that will automatically post your server to the list without the hosts file changes others are using.  Why isn't it out yet, you might wonder?

Its because, ironically, I'm having too much fun playing NWN right now.  lol.  I'll work on it more when I stop slacking off.

Legacy_T0r0

« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2013, 01:56:44 am »

So guys, quick question. I'm just a player (not an admin). The PW I play on is listed: Forgotten Realms  The Vast CEP 2.4 in the role play section. The IP in the server description matches but it reports as offline and I cannot connect via that page/tab. However it's in my history page and I can connect from there. Ideas?
Also a suggestion: is a search field possible?

« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2013, 10:00:24 am »

I tried this, seems to be a real issue on the vast. Works without NWNCX via +connect parameter on both mac, and on pc.

Using NWNCX the server is offline however and cannot get it to load.

( note that the game does not seem to be able to handle a +connect parameter, think the dll loader is not passing parameters, or it could just be crashing, or a weird command line, same command line is used without connect parameter portion and it works fine. With parameters and it either crashed or it eventually lets me use it if i don't click on the moves to get past them quickly.

Using the game with the in game game browser seemed to work fine for the most part except for the Vast server here. )

Legacy_Sandrax

« Reply #116 on: February 08, 2013, 05:39:18 am »

I was successfully able to reproduce the vast error.  I don't get it for other servers.  I am thinking their registration with Skywing's listing might be a little.... unconventional?  That is just speculation, of course.  I don't know what is going on with that server.

Legacy_SkywingvL

« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2013, 05:27:16 pm »

Are you sure that the IP/port listing match what you were able to direct connect to?

http://www.isleclost...stnwns1html.cgi provides a more easily searchable global listing of servers known to the tracker, for comparison.

Modifié par SkywingvL, 08 février 2013 - 05:35 .

« Reply #118 on: February 08, 2013, 06:14:51 pm »

I can direct connect via command line launch of the game ( +connect parameter ) using your data, and it just works, port seems standard 5121. I have built a character on the mac version, and tested on both Mac and PC if it would connect. ( have not gotten to testing my CEP installation routine on the PC yet, so can't really test further until that is working, but should get messages about not having certain haks. )

I can also ping it via gamespy gslist ( the one provided by luigi ) and get full server information.

The issue only happens with NWNCX, can't see if I can +connect launch with NWNCX as it then seems to ignore the last part of the command line and either crashes, or takes me to the main menu interface. Hitting the info button says they are offline.

Legacy_Lazarus Magni

« Reply #119 on: February 08, 2013, 11:29:56 pm »

virusman wrote...

Werehound Silverfang wrote...

There are no servers under this category (see nwnlist.com).

There are PWs listed under action, but for some reason nwnlist.com does not display them. This site however does:
http://nwnserverlist.com
http://nwnserverlist...part=action=

P.S. The webpages take a really long time to load, but once they do it appears to have a more than less complete list (if not complete), including action servers, and not just "pw action" category servers.

Modifié par Lazarus Magni, 08 février 2013 - 11:33 .