Author Topic: Oh god im a forum lurker  (Read 450 times)

Legacy_Xardex

Oh god im a forum lurker
« on: July 08, 2011, 08:52:05 pm »

I periodically check 3 different forums for different games, including this, and yet I lack the interest to play the games at all! <>

Anyone else facing this dilemma?

Legacy_Bannor Bloodfist

Oh god im a forum lurker
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 09:16:16 pm »

Xardex wrote...

I periodically check 3 different forums for different games, including this, and yet I lack the interest to play the games at all! <>

You could always get involved with creating custom content for the various games.... that takes more "umphhh" and gives a lot of satisfaction to those that can create stuff.

It also makes you pay more attention to the game in question, and seek out new things to help make it better etc.

Can be a heck of a lot of fun!

Legacy_Lightfoot8

Oh god im a forum lurker
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 09:35:36 pm »

Xardex wrote...

Yep,  I am nothing but a  forum troll now.

Legacy_NWN DM

Oh god im a forum lurker
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 03:05:41 am »

Xardex wrote...

Not really a dilemma IMO, but yeah, I'm in the same boat and have been since about mid-March.

Wonder if the itch will return. ':blush:'

Legacy_Mad.Hatter

Oh god im a forum lurker
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 05:20:39 am »

NWN DM's absence has been greatly missed.

Legacy_Xardex

Oh god im a forum lurker
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 11:08:59 pm »

Well it's a dilemma in that I'd like to play, but when I do manage to go to some PW I'm like "this aint nothing like this and that server that I used to play on." PvP is excrements nowadays and roleplaying has lost its intriguity. Pretty much all the servers I really devoted myself to are either gone or the same. (-> Boring now, *cough* antiworld *cough*)

And I do actually do something more then just lurk these forums... I help people with script and toolset problems and make all kinds of scripts to my modules that will never be finished, because all I really do for them is script.

For the other games... They are really mods for the games, where the other project is way out of my pay grade, while the other one already has a team of experienced modders that don't really have need for a rookie like me. (Never did anything for the two games worth mentioning)

Modifié par Xardex, 09 juillet 2011 - 10:14 .

Legacy_WebShaman

Oh god im a forum lurker
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 11:50:26 am »

I tend to do both - lurk, and then the bug bites me, and I am playing again.  Usually it happens when I am "browsing" the Vault, and some new stuff for NWN comes up, and I just cannot resist the urge to play with it (this time it was PHoD's female stuff, which I once asked for, and it was delivered!  Had to play around with it! - it led to me posting my adventuring party thread, and I am currently running the group through various adventures, having a blast again!).

This game is truly amazing.  Still going, after all these years...

Legacy_ffbj

Oh god im a forum lurker
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 05:26:53 pm »

Xardex was the go to guy in Gothic.  In III he had a skeleton sweeping up in his beautiful tower in the North. I do a little bit of everything though hardly any playing these days, except in my own world.  One problem is, don't get your friends involved in playing in your world, at least for me it has become annoying.  *Ring*  'could you log on and raise me, I don't want to lose an item when I respawn'....gak!

Legacy_NWN DM

Oh god im a forum lurker
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 07:15:01 pm »

ffbj wrote...

Xardex was the go to guy in Gothic.  In III he had a skeleton sweeping up in his beautiful tower in the North. I do a little bit of everything though hardly any playing these days, except in my own world.  One problem is, don't get your friends involved in playing in your world, at least for me it has become annoying.  *Ring*  'could you log on and raise me, I don't want to lose an item when I respawn'....gak!

For me it's been the exact opposite... I used to have my server "full" with any of about 12 RL friends or co-workers on-line on game nights.

I loved this because I always had an audience for my efforts.  Since they've gone on to other things... well, let's just say that "transient" would be an understatement for the "average" on-line player.  I guess that's one of the reasons I'm taking a bit of a step back (although I'd love to play instead of DM one of these days).

Legacy_ffbj

Oh god im a forum lurker
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 01:25:43 am »

Good point.  And it is true that my friends were the main catalyst for my keeping things going in my game world.  Problem is I have a few friends that tend to obsess.  I think it's something my entire group of friends tend to do, and I include myself in that.

Legacy_cmwise

Oh god im a forum lurker
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 07:11:39 am »

Interesting thoughts, I too have not been playing..cant really explain why..the servers I've tried are interesting enough. But I cant seem to focus on just one and just "lurk" from one to another. Then I started building for a PW project and that is all i seem to do anymore. Working on scripting but primitive at best.

Worked with some start ups and watched em fail, played on some old standards and got bored. Played on some up and coming servers but didnt like the treatment from admin and DM's.

Still building for TDN..built my own PW..and numerous mods..most not finished..getting bored again...heh heh..

I got a couple of friends that we have traveled from one server to another trying to find something that we all can enjoy....now we're all building...working on a project that we hope will meet our expectations for play immersion, DM action, admin keep your hands off, and FUN!!  This game is after all a replacement for a therapist. So it has to be fun..