Author Topic: AREILTH server now has password?????  (Read 608 times)

Legacy_Justinatensen

AREILTH server now has password?????
« on: June 30, 2011, 07:18:56 am »

this is first off offensive and obsurd arelith role playing server cordor surface and ud has a password. i just spent all day manually doing a crit rebuild just to play to not be able to get in without it.... if you can help[ plz do or direct me to who can....plz

Legacy_The Nolander

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 08:02:35 am »

It doesn't. You just won't be able to log in until the Gamespy server comes back up. At least not if you are using an account you haven't logged in with before on that particular server. If it's not a new account, you could try logging into one of the other two Arelith servers. But at the moment, logins barely work for anyone.

Legacy_FunkySwerve

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 10:01:57 am »

The Nolander wrote...
 But at the moment, logins barely work for anyone.

This isn't exactly accurate.Servers without master server authentication required aren't affected, loginwise (though we certainly appreciate the GameSpy listings as much as the next guy). Given that MS downtime is growing more and more prevalent, it would probably be a good idea for active PWs to switch to doing their own cd-key/account matching.

Funky

Legacy_BlameBot

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 01:36:48 pm »

You might want to actually ask at the Arelith forums, rather than expressing your displeasure here. Often, the servers are passworded when there is a reset, anywhere from five to ten minutes.

Legacy_The Nolander

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 02:49:15 pm »

Funky, I meant on Arelith, not necessarily all servers. But I agree, and I think the Arelith devs are considering a solution like that.

Legacy_Justinatensen

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 06:35:09 pm »

http://arelith.com/node/5624

this clarifies most of this Gamespy issue.... just have to wait or manual glitch in.

thanks for the help guys... and i too will be finding where to complain at Gamespy.