Author Topic: Project Q and Server  (Read 388 times)

Legacy_xidekeen

Project Q and Server
« on: June 29, 2011, 11:20:26 pm »

Hi, Not sure if this goes here or in the Persistant world section but does anyone know any servers that use the Project Q hak? I want to see it in action and is it possible to make the hak into an override?

Legacy_SuperFly_2000

Project Q and Server
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 03:02:28 pm »

It seems that most PW's that choose to use project Q only use part of it. Most generally thoose parts that are the easiest to integrate with other HAK's....so generally they tend to cannibalize as much as they can from project Q.

So far I know of very few such servers. One of them (the only one?) using content from Project Q is Cormanthor.

Also about the last version of project Q it is so new I doubt all of that material is already incorporated on the server.

But yes...just like you I also wait for a server that uses all of project Q as most of it is very nice.

Especially this last version really seems to add a lot of good stuff so this should really place project Q on the map so that people stop asking "what is project Q?".

'Posted

Modifié par SuperFly_2000, 30 juin 2011 - 02:06 .

Legacy_lordofworms

Project Q and Server
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 06:44:28 pm »

I also use content from projectQ, but alas as Superfly stated, I had to canabalize it since my PW was built long before Q was anything but an idea so trying to implement a hak system like theirs was extremely daunting to me...
but I give credit where its due and I must confess as well, this newest version is fantastic, the golems alone were worth every kb downloaded.

Legacy_Pstemarie

Project Q and Server
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 06:57:33 pm »

Sorry for the shameless plug, but wait til you ladies and gentlemen see what's coming in v1.5...

'Posted

Yeah, those are tiles 'Posted

As for making Q into an Override - I suppose you could, but it really wasn't designed to be implemented in that manner.

Modifié par Pstemarie, 30 juin 2011 - 06:17 .

Legacy_xidekeen

Project Q and Server
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 09:40:26 pm »

Pstemarie wrote...

Sorry for the shameless plug, but wait til you ladies and gentlemen see what's coming in v1.5...

You guys don't mess around....

Huzzah! ':wizard:'

Legacy_WebShaman

Project Q and Server
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 11:31:24 pm »

Ughhh!  The violet clothes are blinding!

*scratches eyes out*

I love the tiles, though.

Seriously, Q has some great clothing...why not also show it off?

Legacy_henesua

Project Q and Server
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2011, 12:19:23 am »

I incorporated all of Project Q and NWNCQ (and other stuff) into a refresh of a very old persistent world, Vives. I ran it on my home server for awhile, but have very recently taken it down. The community was pretty much done when I did the refresh, and we were unable to build much momentum as I was the only one working on the PW and DMing.

It was the most work I had done with HAKs but that has less to do with Q as it does with the many ancient layers of old haks that I had to deal with and reorganize. It actually is no big deal to take all of Q and use it in an existing project. You just have to be comfortable with 2DA files.

If you want to check out Q you should simply download the HAKs and play with their test module in the toolset.