Author Topic: Multiplayer CD Keys & Crossover Games  (Read 491 times)

Legacy_Korevas

Multiplayer CD Keys & Crossover Games
« on: June 29, 2011, 11:58:24 pm »

Hi everyone,

With having switched over to a mac and the keys to my PC version of NWN being long gone, I opted to download NWN: Diamond from GoG. Now that I've receive my new CD Keys I am now unsure how/where to enter them. If I remember correctly on PC it was as simple as editing the numbers under a file titled nwncdkey.ini but that does not seem to exist after installing it with Crossover. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Legacy_Fester Pot

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 12:22:32 am »

You enter them from what I recall, when you install the game.

FP!

Legacy_Korevas

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 01:42:39 am »

Hmm.. Just reinstalled twice using Crossover and it seems to go straight to the startup screen with no prompt for cd keys. Not sure what's wrong here :/

Legacy_Fester Pot

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 01:44:45 am »

I don't know what a crossover is, so I can't help you. Maybe contact GOG.

FP!

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 04:29:10 am »

Fester Pot wrote...
I don't know what a crossover is, so I can't help you. Maybe contact GOG.
FP!

I don't use a Mac either, FP, but Crossover is a Windows emulator to help run Win apps.

It must be a setting in the emulator somewhere that is bypassing the install keys, so we would need a Crossover guru to force the game itself to populate the codes in the ini. 

Legacy_Ranger Solo

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 08:00:35 am »

I have the GoG version too. What you need to do is make sure that your cdkey.ini file is in the gog folder that was created when you installed. The keys that come with the Diamond version of GoG will let you play the OC, SoA, and Undertide with no problems. But you will not be able to play MP with them. You need to contact GoG for new keys and then once your get them from GoG inter them in the cdkey.ini file. Then you can also play the expansion mods and MP with no worries.

Solo

Legacy_UrkOfGreyhawk

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 10:08:30 am »

Request your multiplayer key now. It usually takes a few days so if you wait until you need it you'll regret it..

Modifié par UrkOfGreyhawk, 30 juin 2011 - 09:09 .

Legacy_Korevas

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 11:31:21 pm »

Hm. All I did was download and unzip the file for the cd keys they sent me and I've been able to get online. Funny thing is I only extracted them to the desktop (not the NWN folder) and it seems to be working. Coincidentally I've been able to get on no problem since the master server has been down but hey, no complaints here.

Thanks guys!

Legacy_Korevas

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 05:03:38 am »

Ok it seems that I am only able to log on because of the master server still being down. I assume this to be the case because my friend just purchased the GOG version of nwn diamond and we were not able to log into the same game together. For example when I would log in to a server it would say his CD key was in use and vice versa. Now, I have my nwncdkey.ini file (emailed to me from GOG) in the GoG/NWN folder but my assumption is that it the multiplayer server must be recognizing me as having the default Diamond cdkeys like he still does (he hasn't recieved a set of keys yet). Therefore, my main problem is that I can't get the nwncdkey.ini file to be recognized in my game folder (keeping in mind that there was not any nwncdkey.ini file before GOG emailed me one). I am really stuck here any ideas?

*A side note*
Keep in mind that due to using Crossover Games, the ONLY files that are present on my hard drive are GOG folder, NWN folder, the startup file, an uninstall file, and a documents folder with a few read me's.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks

Modifié par Korevas, 08 juillet 2011 - 04:07 .

Legacy_Korevas

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 02:43:30 am »

/bump

Still can't figure this out :/

Legacy_Ranger Solo

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 05:10:36 am »

Until your friend gets his own keys form GoG. He won't be able to MP with you via the internet. But if the two of you are on the same network (Lan together computer to computer) it should work as long as you have diferent keys.

Did you change the cdkey.ini file to the new keys that GoG.com sent you? Just want to make sure and do make sure your friend does like wise.

Solo

Legacy_Korevas

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 10:08:05 pm »

Well he has his own keys now so that isn't an issue anymore, however I have since changed my nwncdkey.ini to the keys that GoG gave me but I'm still getting the error message "Your CD key is currently being used etc". I don't know if GoG gave me some bad keys or what the problem is.

I even installed my old NWN Gold and patched it up to 1.69 to see if I could make something happen and I get an error that says "please enter the HoTU play disc" when its already in the disc drive, which is a whole new set of problems. I'm really stuck here :/

Legacy_Ranger Solo

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2011, 04:16:27 am »

Now this is really geting odd.

Did you after installing the game use the patch that GoG.com has? I'm hoping that you saw that patch. That is the 1.69 critical rebuild that will allow you to play your expansion mods that came with the diamond set. If you can, relook at the keys that GoG sent you via email and check your .ini to see if they match. You may need to reinstall but I think maybe the keys are typed wrong in your .ini file.

As for your other NWN game. Try using the latest patch on it.

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2011, 05:22:24 am »

Korevas wrote...
 I have since changed my nwncdkey.ini to the keys that GoG gave me

Did you type them or copy/paste from the email?

Korevas wrote...
I'm still getting the error message "Your CD key is currently being used etc".
I don't know if GoG gave me some bad keys or what the problem is.

If you typed them, be aware of the dichotomy that several characters have (0 & O, I & 1, 5 & S, 2 & Z, etc.) and double-check your data entry.

Korevas wrote...
I even installed my old NWN Gold and patched it up to 1.69 to see if I could make something happen and I get an error that says "please enter the HoTU play disc" when its already in the disc drive, which is a whole new set of problems. I'm really stuck here :/

Ummm... I thought the Gold version was NWN + SoU.  Did you use the correct patch for it?  If you also bought HotU as a separate expansion, I believe you must patch twice, once to v1.69 for the Gold install with the SoU patch and then again after installing HotU with the HotU patch.