Author Topic: NWN is better then Dragon Age  (Read 1624 times)

Legacy_Elhanan

NWN is better then Dragon Age
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2011, 08:48:04 am »

I cannot speak on DA2 yet, as I have yet to play. But I did want to say that DAO is not as restrictive as some may believe.

While it is not the optimum build, my first and fave S&S design was a Rogue; not a Fighter. And all of my Rogues save one Bard were higher in STR than the majority recommended, and it worked effectively. My mages used both staves and arms, could wear armor or robes, and don helms instead of dead fowl for hats. And while Warrriors were my least favored class, they could also use ranged and melee weapons well, esp in DAA I am informed.

But I am all bit played out of DAO designs in about a years time. NWN1 has had me as a fan for a decade.

Legacy_WebShaman

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2011, 12:19:30 pm »

Woah, woah, woah, WOAH!  Don't lump me in with the other NWNers that are dumping on DA here!  I love DA (and I pre-ordered DAII).

I also love NWN (is that a given?  Well, it should be!).

As has been mentioned before, NWN represents the epitomy (at this time) of a complete RPG package for the PC.  Nothing comes close to it.  Presently.

DA (and DA II) are, IMHO, the best SPCRPGs (single player computer role playing games) available presently.

Thus, they are really not the same things - though one can compare them to one another in their catagories.

In SP, DA wins hands down.

In Toolset, MP, DM Client, etc, NWN kicks butt.

The end.

Legacy_TSMDude

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2011, 06:07:20 pm »

I have played both a bit but hate linear storylines. Both OCs seemed to have this as really there is only so many choices the computer AI can do.

I love DAs graphics and looks but without NWNs open platform and ability to do multi play it is useless to me as Tom Brady's wife. Pretty to look at but really has little impact on my free time.

If we are just comparing OCs then really it is indeed apples to oranges and while a step above say...Temple of Elemental Evil it is not much one way or the other without multiplay.

Legacy_A_Julian

« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2011, 10:01:33 pm »

Dragon Age was a massive let-down for me. I don't think it's a bad game, just... not what I was hoping for.