Author Topic: Coming to a screen near you soon!  (Read 4483 times)

Legacy_Calvinthesneak

Coming to a screen near you soon!
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2011, 05:59:27 pm »

Thread Necromancy.

I've some time and I'll help with 2das if you need help still, let me know if anything is going on with this project still?

Just curious because with the toolset Changes.  The PRC could be completely integrated into the NWN framework.  No external compiler.  Now if we could have all the classes and such available from the selection screens.....

Modifié par Calvinthesneak, 18 juin 2011 - 05:14 .

Legacy_dsabrae

« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2011, 06:02:47 pm »

Ditto that I have some free time myself and I am certain i can scare up lots of unskilled labor if you need 2das rewritten.This truly had so much potiential its a shame to sit on a shelf somewhere.

Legacy_WebShaman

« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2011, 09:55:47 pm »

*pokes ElgarL*

Still there, my friend?

Legacy_Sylrae

« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2011, 03:33:25 am »

This project is amazing - and I wasjust starting to gather people to put together a similar project (though not using the PRC, but something different) - so it's of great interest to me.

Races can be changed, but at teh moment I see no point in doing so. It would require a few UI changes, but currently I don't believe there are many (if any) additional races that are designed correctly to work as a default race.

For the record; if it became doable, I'd have several races I would immediately be looking to implement (from scratch), as well as several subraces. Especially if you implemented races/subraces as separate 2das along the lines of how they did things in nwn2.

A couple other suggestions for things I'd really like to be configurable:
 - The ability to define the multiplier that applies to skill ranks at level 1.
 - The ability to define the maximum number of ranks in a skill by level.
 - A 2da to define which levels grant bonus feats.
 - A 2da to define which levels grant ability bonuses (and how much, such as +1 to 2 attributes)
 - The ability to alter character bic files, creatures, and item properties from within the game via scripts, even in singleplayer.
 - Skills. If they're scripts that are editable, I'd love to be able to change them. I'd like to condense the skill list for a project I'm starting up. Examples include: Acrobatics (Balance, Jump, Tumble), Disable Device (Disable Trap, Open Lock), Knowledge [Arcana, Dungeoneering, Engineering, Geography, History, Local, Nature, Nobility, Planes, Religion] (Lore) - Being able to define which skill(s) can be rolled to identify an item, Perception (Listen, Search, Spot), Spellcraft (Concentration, Psicraft, Spellcraft), Bluff (Bluff, Taunt), Sense Motive (Discipline, Sense Motive), Stealth (Hide, Move Silently).
The ones I think could prove problematic are the ones that may be hardcoded (Bluff, Disable Device, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, Stealth)

The project is hugely promising, and I'd be willing to help out if you need anything.

Modifié par Sylrae, 07 juillet 2011 - 02:36 .

Legacy_Sylrae

« Reply #124 on: July 08, 2011, 11:13:14 am »

Hmm.

There are a few other things that could use some editableness. It would be particularly helpful if we could get fractional BAB (bab stored as a float), or have access to the combat maneuver scripts, and with the monk, it would be helpful if we could have access to the monk unarmed damage, and the list of applicable weapons for flurry of blows. Because, it's *supposed* to be all weapons on the monk list, but in nwn it's just unarmed/kamas.

Two-Weapon Fighting while unarmed should work too.

Any chance you'll be making feats accessible to mess with, or are they staying hardcoded. I'm really interested in this project, if you can't tell.

Modifié par Sylrae, 08 juillet 2011 - 10:33 .

Legacy_virusman

« Reply #125 on: September 06, 2011, 09:43:33 am »

ElgarL gave me the sources of this modification, and I'll try to continue with this project.
Unfortunately, the project requires a lot of work to be ready for release (the whole thing has to be rewritten from machine code in Delphi to C/C++, there is no multiplayer PW support, etc.), so I'm not giving any promises.

Legacy_WebShaman

« Reply #126 on: September 06, 2011, 10:25:50 pm »

Great stuff, Virusman!  We are all behind you!

Legacy_SuperFly_2000

« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2011, 10:51:59 pm »

I'll be just far back so I can't see the code ':pinched:'
But yeah...naturally....if you can make ElgarL's vision come true here that would be VERY interesting ':wizard:'

Modifié par SuperFly_2000, 06 septembre 2011 - 09:52 .

Legacy_Lord Sullivan

« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2011, 11:07:24 pm »

Good thing!

As far as multiplayer goes, the issue of hack loading is the character creation loading before
the module as opposed to single player where the module loads first and then you get the
character creation.

EDIT: Or am i thinking of another projet?

Modifié par Lord Sullivan, 06 septembre 2011 - 10:08 .

Legacy_virusman

« Reply #129 on: December 28, 2011, 08:42:14 am »

I hope I'll have some time to work on this stuff soon (we have very long holidays - Jan 1-10).
Custom base classes and spellbooks are probably not going to happen (this part requires several weeks of full-time work); I'll try to do custom client-server protocol extensions and hak/tlk preloading for character creation screen.

Modifié par virusman, 28 décembre 2011 - 08:46 .

Legacy_henesua

« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2011, 12:47:43 pm »

Wow. Excellent stuff! I am very excited about the Hak preloading.

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #131 on: December 28, 2011, 02:38:15 pm »

just a note: preloading a hak can be done already via patch-hak solution, that is nwnpatch.ini file

which should containt something like this:

[Patch]
PatchFile000=override
PatchFile001=pw_client

names points into same named haks in patch folder unless the patch folder is changed in nwnplayer.ini ...

Legacy_henesua

« Reply #132 on: December 28, 2011, 03:47:53 pm »

Shadow, that doesn't look like a flexible solution as it does not use the module to determine which HAK to load. Or am I misunderstanding you?

Legacy_virusman

« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2011, 07:46:23 am »

Yes, nwnpatch is an alternative to override I've discovered a while ago, but it's only an override: it doesn't load module haks automatically and there is no way to load custom tlk.

Legacy_henesua

« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2011, 03:43:49 pm »

Virusman, could you write a hook into the nwnpatch.ini that enables the module builder to specify which override to use on module launch?

I think the advantage of nwnpatch is that you can have multiple overrides with slightly different names, and then toggle between them. Unfortunately it looks like you have to change the text in that file, but if a module when launching could dynamically swap that text based on which module was loading the builder could specify which override folder their module should use.

Perhaps this is not very useful if you get the preloading of haks and tlk tables working, but it is a thought I had that would improve the usefulness of nwnpatch.

Modifié par henesua, 29 décembre 2011 - 03:44 .