Author Topic: NWN crashing at random moments on new gaming computer?  (Read 366 times)

Legacy_discommodious

NWN crashing at random moments on new gaming computer?
« on: June 28, 2013, 11:55:10 am »

I've got NWN Complete (the entire collection - first & second games + their expansions), and am using a PC computer with Windows 8.  Brand new computer.

So installation goes fine, even gameplay is fine, and then suddenly it crashes randomly, says there is a Windows error or something.  First time it happened, I went to properties and changed the compatibility to Windows 7. Seemed to work for a while, but then happened again, so I changed compatibility to Windows XP (Service Pack 2) then Windows XP (Service Pack 3). Play the game just fine for a little and then it happens again with each.  Doesn't seem to do it with any specific action in-game, I don't think, but I can check if it'd be vital to solving the problem.  I know I haven't been able to get past the very beginning, around the part in the district with the loose prisoners.

It's frustrating me.  The game has the latest patch. 1.69.  I believe the game is running on the highest visual settings, but that bit hasn't seemed to be an issue anyway.  Just the crashing.  Here are my comp specs:

Operating SystemWindows 8Processori5-3570k 3.4GHz Quad Core intel i5

Boot Drive128GB Vertex 4 SSDStorage Drive1TB Seagate BarracudaVideo CardRadeon HD 7950, 3GB DDR5 @ 384bitsMemory16GB G.Skill 2133MHz