Author Topic: NWN Crashes upon Exiting  (Read 444 times)

Legacy_Eagle

NWN Crashes upon Exiting
« on: July 02, 2012, 07:12:03 pm »

I have tried several different settings and I always have NWN crash when I exit the game. I have tried on other platforms too and the same thing. I have both expansions installed and am currently running version 1.69. Any suggestions on what could be causing this?

Legacy_Shadooow

NWN Crashes upon Exiting
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 07:34:36 pm »

does it crash when you leaving specific PW? Or does it crash even then when you simply run the game and exit immediately?

If thats true - then you have to find out in which modules it does crash and where not. NWN campaign, no-hak PW...

if not, whats your OS?

Legacy_Eagle

NWN Crashes upon Exiting
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 08:04:43 pm »

It crashes when I simply run the game and exit immediately. I have tried this on XP and 7 both and the same thing happens.

Legacy_Shadooow

NWN Crashes upon Exiting
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 12:20:34 am »

Do you have any 2DA in your override or any other content? Like NWNCQ, heads from CEP...

If so, try to temporary rename the override folder and try it again, if it won't crash the problem is in override, I had same problem with toolset and the cause was certain 2DA in haks so it might be similar there.

If not lets move to the next step. Did you installed community patch? If yes try uninstall it, (unless the crashing happened even before). Same goes for NWN Enhanced.

If all this is negative and you are running vanilla NWN, then the only thing that came to my mind are  drivers. What is your graphic card? What driver version do you have? Is there newer? Try to upgrade them or even downgrade them.

Legacy_Rubies

NWN Crashes upon Exiting
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 03:03:08 pm »

I remember this used to happen to me but can't remember why, ack. I'll try and recreate it since I'm 90% sure it was caused by a graphic setting on my Catalyst thingy.

Legacy_Pstemarie

NWN Crashes upon Exiting
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 03:17:17 pm »

This is a common issue that used to occur with one of the ATI driver sets and some of the nVidia driver sets. The latest drivers from ATI and nVidia have resolved this. It can also happen if you have older RealTek Audio drivers.

I would try updating my drivers and seeing if that works. If you already have the most current drivers check the Windows 7 installation thread. You might find some answers in there.

Modifié par Pstemarie, 03 juillet 2012 - 02:18 .