Author Topic: Mods for Nwn1 on Nwn: the Complete  (Read 442 times)

Legacy_Reyluna-3

Mods for Nwn1 on Nwn: the Complete
« on: May 23, 2012, 06:50:33 pm »

I've been looking everywhere and I can't find a solution to my problem. It's not particularly troublesome, just a bother and if I'm in the worng place, feel free to shoo me off. 

Okay, so I'm running Nwn: the complete on my Mac Os using crossover games. The game works fine and Crossover can even identify user-made module intallers and I can upoload content from the vault into Nwn2 via the file directory in my Documents folder.
My only problem is this: I can't upload any custom content  into the original Nwn1 game. Crossover identifies the intsallter for Nwn1 mods, but is unable to complete the installation successfully. When I tried to manually install the files I realized that there is no file directory for Nwn1 on my computer. 
Nwn1 obviously still works and saves games and has all the premium modules that it came with, working correctly, I just can't have any cutsom content. 

Not a real problem, just icing on the cake, but I would like to know it this problem is actually fixable, or if I shouldn't bother ... Like is there any way I can 'get' an nwn file directory on my computer. 

Legacy_Rolo Kipp

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 07:29:24 pm »

<poking around...>

If you can find the NwN1 folder where the premium modules are, you should be able to find a "modules" and "hak" folder at the same level. That's where your custom mods & haks will go. But it has literally been 30 years since I mucked about with macs, so I'm just...

...gonna go over there and sit quietly... ;-P

<...in the dark>

Legacy_Reyluna-3

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 08:35:59 pm »

Good idea...
I looked, but I still can't find anything. In Crossover, my "bottle" is set up with these folders:

Atari
--"Dungeon and Dragons"- Neverwinter Nights Complete
----"Neverwinter Nights II" (Game)
----"Neverwinter Nights" I (Game)
----"Documentation FIles"
------ (Online Game Manuals for Games and expansion packs)
----"Uninstall Dungeon and Dragons- Neverwinter Nights Complete"

Neverwinter Nights
--"BioWare Premium Modules"
---- (Online links to sites for Neverwitner nights games and expansion packs)
----"How Do I Play"
----"BioWare Game Support" (Link)
----"Bioware Store" (Link)

I tried to use some dashed-line system to show folders within folders. I hope it makes clear enough sense.

Additionally, my file directory for Nwn2 (with all of the hak, override, mod, etc. files) is located in my Documents folder.

I even ran a search for it on my machine, but all that comes up is the stuff I've listed above and the nwn2 files.