Author Topic: Sounds working except for music.  (Read 445 times)

Legacy_PikeCols

Sounds working except for music.
« on: October 18, 2011, 12:44:26 pm »

This isn't a game breaking problem, but bothers me none the less. I recently reformatted and upgraded to Windows 7.  I got NWN working well, except for music, or I should say some sounds aren't working. Music, and selection "clicks" don't ping. How ever I do hear footsteps, ambient noise, and combat sounds perfectly.  I have the most current Realtek HD 64 bit audio driver installed. I have tried re-installing twice, and run in windows xp sp2 compatability.

Game Version: NWN 1  SoU, HoTU 1.69
Sound Card Manufacturer: Realtek HD driver version r265 64 bit
Speakers: Creative Labs Inspire T6100 surround including 5 speakers and subwoofer.

After the run around it took to get the game working again, I can almost say I'm happy with what I have going now. But any help or comments are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Legacy_SuperFly_2000

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 09:23:36 pm »

In the game you can choose different sources for the sound. Tried that?

Make sure you sound is good configured in windows. So that its set to 5:1 speakers if thats what you got and maybe room acoustics corrected as well...its all in win7...you can do a lot with sound nowdays...

I recently also upgraded to a new comp with win7 :-)

Legacy_PikeCols

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 11:39:54 am »

Thanks superfly_2000. Problem fixed. Turns out I had my left/right speakers set up as side speakers in 7.1 instead of 5.1.