Author Topic: NWN performance issues on a new computer  (Read 365 times)

Legacy_SuperFly_2000

NWN performance issues on a new computer
« on: October 02, 2011, 12:35:30 pm »

Bought a new computer and did expect some problems. Although I must say I actually had less problems than I expected. Probably because I've been sculcing theese boards for quite some time and I have learned every trick in the book (almost).

MY COMPUTER

Manufacturer:  Hewlett-Packard

Processor:  Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

Memory:  12288MB RAM

Hard Drive:  3 TB Total

Video Card:  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Monitor:  Samsung Syncmaster SA550 27"

Sound Card:  Speakers / Headphones (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)

Speakers/Headphones:  Logitech 5+1 / Deltaco headset

Keyboard:  HP wireless

Mouse:  HP wireless

Mouse Surface:  Func 1030

Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)

Computer Case:  HP Pavillion HPE

Anyway....I started of with a sluggish feeling NWN...then I did a lot of things that didn't help...What finally helped was an installation of new Nvidia graphics card drivers. Although I am feeling a little bit awkward about doing so because it feels a little bit crude. It seems to work fine though and performance went up in NWN.

About performance in general I don't know exactly but it felt like the computer starts a little bit slower and also the keyboard and mouse feel strange but that could be because they are wireless hm (going to buy wired ones soon...).

The sound felt strange in NWN also. I noticed I had a lot fewer options in the sound options in NWN compared too on my old computer. The old one had a creative labs card which I guess is more common...while this new one has some kind of built in ...at least I am guessing so even if they are calling it "Beats audio" ...its still built in I think...

Oh well..I'm slowly getting into grips with this new computer. If someone has some more tips and tricks for me I'd be happy to hear about it.

One thing that surely will take time getting used to is the new screen. Don't understand why new screens have to be so over the top wide. Makes setting resolution a pain also. The resolution that gave the best picture in NWN was the same resolution as the screens maximum one (1920 x 1080), however using that resolution made everything feel small and far apart. I noticed using any other resolution solved the problem with small and far away icons but "smeared" out the picture a bit. Any resolution OTHER than the maximum one had this effect unfortunately. It could be linked to the screens auto pan-set. I can't get the colors right on the screen also. They seem too bland still. Setting the screen to "Cool 1" colors made a bit better at least...

The toolset seems to work nicely. Only the palette is so far to the right....(cause wide screen....).

Modifié par SuperFly_2000, 02 octobre 2011 - 11:40 .