Author Topic: Strange glew32.dll error! Need help!  (Read 650 times)

Legacy_Mallic

Strange glew32.dll error! Need help!
« on: August 07, 2011, 01:05:34 am »

I'm in desperate need of some help! Earlier today, a friend of mine was finding that she was no longer able find her favourite server online. That server is called "The Island of Thain", found here. As a response, she tried to reinstall Neverwinter Nights, but after it finished, she started receiving the following error:

"The procedure entry point _glewGenFramebuffersEXT could not be located in the dynamic link library glew32.dll"

Neverwinter Nights would not start up AT ALL, even when trying to skip the launcher and use the "nwmain.exe" file, simply producing this error message again and again.

The only thing I can make note of is that this was also after she tried running a program called "Clobber", which was designed to record all chat logs while she plays. She is also running this on Windows 7. It was working fine up to yesterday, but not after reinstalling today.

Could anyone give some advice? This is one of her favourite games, and as it stands, multiple clean installs of the program have done nothing to solve it.

Modifié par Mallic, 07 août 2011 - 12:06 .

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 02:51:11 am »

I can't really help but I can tell you that library is not needed to run NWN as it is not on this XP machine, but Win7 may use different libraries. 

It may be a driver-related issue though I have no concret way of knowing.  Is it possible to roll back to a more congenial driver just to see if that helps?

I also found this glew32.dll diagnostic utility page floating around out there.  Perhaps you will have better luck than I understanding it since I don't have it installed on this machine and have no point of reference.

Modifié par HipMaestro, 07 août 2011 - 01:53 .

Legacy_Lightfoot8

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 03:49:44 am »

Is sounds like the chat logging program is causing the problem.   The only thing I can suggest it tring to uninstall it. 

also you do not need a program to log the chat from the game you only need to change an ini setting. 

From nwn.wikia

ClientChatLogging=0
Setting this to 1 will add all player chat heard by the client to the client log. The file can be found in the "logs" directory of the NWN base install path (eg. nwnclientLog1.txt). Note that the log will overwrite itself; preventing long term chat logging over multiple play sessions. This can be prevented by renaming the log after every session, or using a Log Rotator.  
ClientEntireChatWindowLogging=0
Setting this to 1 will add all text that could appear in the chat window to the client log, making this a more verbose option than ClientChatLogging, as it includes (among less voluminous messages) the combat log as well as player chat.

Even the chat rotator that the wikia refferances is not needed.  A simple .vbs file to remane the current log file when starting a new session will do the trick.  for instructions on how to write the file > http://www.escapefro...ead.php?t=41079

Legacy_Legolasgirl1987

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 04:18:19 am »

Thanks for the replies. It was not the clobber that caused the problem as i have used that for years without a problem. It was messing around with nwn shader (something i had no idea how to use) that messed up the dll. My registry cleaner has apparently fixed the problem and now nwn works fine. Well fine as in it actually loads up now... I'm still having issues with connecting to any server now (not just thain my favourite server) but i am assuming at this point that it is merely my internet connection not picking up the servers very well.