Author Topic: asking for original nwn key at loadup when I use diamond  (Read 485 times)

Legacy_Qdgyu

asking for original nwn key at loadup when I use diamond
« on: July 17, 2011, 06:35:22 pm »

I have just installed my nwn diamond edition, put in the cep's, the patch, etc., and went to load it up.  it goes through the videos, but when I click to get to the main screen, instead of going there it asks for my original nwn key.  i tried putting in my first diamond key(the one for the main game)but it's says it is not the right one.  I made sure there were no mistakes when I typed it in, many times.  I have never ran into this problem before, and i really don't have any idea how to approach it.   I am using Windows 7, if that info is needed (and I have the compadibility on, and the use admin permission or whatever it is on as well)  if anyone can helped me out, it wuld be amazing.

also, i was messing with it before posting this, and if I enter my shadows of undertide key, then it asks for that key, as if it had registered as my main nwn key. then when I typed my hoards cd key, it asked for hoards.  I was able to type in either shadows or hoards and click ok without it saying invlid, but it would just ask for whatever one of those I was on.  just does not make sense to me.  also, my main nwn key did not work for either of those as well

Legacy_HipMaestro

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 12:56:37 am »

A few questions to help narrow down the cause of the problem a bit...

Are the three different codes entered on the proper order (Key1=,Key2=,Key3=) in the nwncdkey.ini?

Did you try to start a game after installing the furnished v1.66?  After patching to v1.69?

Did you follow Shia's Win7 installation recommendations described here?:

[Excerpt from Guide to Installing NWN1 for Win7 ]
- clip -
4. Open NWN folder and find nwnmain.exe and nwn.exe.
5. Right click on these and select properties. Set them to run with full permissions, as administrator and under compatibility mode windows XP service pack 3.
6. (If you want a desktop shortcut)  Right click on nwnmain.exe and create a shortcut. Drag and drop this to your desktop.
- clip -
... and so on.

Modifié par HipMaestro, 18 juillet 2011 - 12:03 .

Legacy_Qdgyu

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 03:53:58 am »

sorry for the long wait fo reply, my comp. acted up bad, so I re-installed mindows on my larger harddrive.  I will try installing again soon, and see if maybe this fixed the problem, somehow.  and yes, I checked and did all those things.  Just dont know what could be going on