Author Topic: Windows 7 Install Failure from Diamond DVD. Help?  (Read 701 times)

Legacy_Fred_MacManus

Windows 7 Install Failure from Diamond DVD. Help?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 02:23:26 pm »

Shia Luck wrote...

Ummmm... things you could try:

Make sure you have an administrator account when installing.

Did that. Automatically assumed it's mandatory whenever installing any game.

Try searching the disck and right clicking on the install.exe, then choose run as administrator, compatibility etc as in the wind 7 install thread instructions.

Did that. No such luck. That's how I got the results I described in the initial post.

Copy the contents of the CD to the hard disk and follow the administrator advice above.

Good Luck!

Tried that, and it didn't even get as far as it did when I tried installing from the original DVD. As in, I attempted to launch the installer, and the installer didn't even show up as an active thread in my task manager.

Legacy_Sindagael

Windows 7 Install Failure from Diamond DVD. Help?
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 08:13:16 pm »

Had the same problem on my fresh W7 x64 install, but I think I solved this, at least "i-error" doesn't appear for me anymore.
It was my Dr.Web that blocked something when setup is running. Simple turning off the Spider Guard module let it work. If you have some other antivirus software, then maybe you'll need to force-shutdown it, because some antiviruses still have the blocking permissions even with their active-scan modules turned off.
At least I'm quite sure it's an antivirus issue. Hope this helps.