Author Topic: boar and pigs faction issue  (Read 468 times)

Legacy_werelynx

boar and pigs faction issue
« on: December 30, 2010, 07:47:48 pm »

I have nwn 1.69 with all expansions + CEP.
In some modules I experience pigs/boars attacking me and thus going hostile against me or being neutral to me but attacking my henchies.
I remember that in The Peasant there was a girl with a boar pet, which attacked me(I'm sure he shouldn't).
Currently I'm playing Darkness over Daggerford and there are some boars in town and of course my henchie gets mad whenever we are near them.
Have you got any solution?
Is it game bug? Or a mod one?(if that's so thare are many broken mods out there).
Is it override based? Is there any file I could try removing? (I tried removing entire override but nothing changed - my henchie kept on slaughtering boar then ox and then trying to kill another one - as much this is entartaining I'm afraid it could brake some important plot events:()

Awaiting your response,
Werelynx

Legacy_Shadooow

boar and pigs faction issue
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 05:02:51 am »

Ok, so it were brought to me as bug in boar AI.

Since I was unable to reproduce it, OP sent me savegame and I ran series of debugs and discovered why he was experiencing this behaviour.

Both The Peasant and Daggerfold modules used boars inproperly. Boars have special AI script nw_c2_omnivore which. Since the creators of these modules didn't changed this special OnSpawn script these boars tend to attack their enemy no matter that they are commoner's faction and walks waypoints.

(The same for cows as they try to run away)

Somehow OP's henchman were hostile for the commoner's faction. I don't know how this can even happen when the OP's character wasn't, but anyway that actually justify the boar's behaviour.

I think this is rather module bug, if the creator of the module wanted these animals to behave as normal commoners, he should remove their AI.

This special AI could maybe be adjusted to check if the target is henchman and if so, check first if his master is enemy too, but thats just a poor patch for the fact that somehow player's henchman become hostile against all comonners.

Does anyone knows how this can happen? OP doesn't remember killing any innocent.