Author Topic: NWN refuses to start  (Read 512 times)

Legacy_Solidbebe

NWN refuses to start
« on: December 12, 2010, 07:58:44 am »

These forums seem kind off deserted but, I've installed neverwinter nights and when I try to run it I get the menu. Then I click on play, I get the loader and it just stops. Neverwinter nigths has worked before on my computer so that couldn't be it. I've also updated my drivers. But when I try to patch it through the menu it says get the criticial build. I go to the link, download patch 1.69. But when I install it it gives me a few error messages:

" Error for opening this file:

C:\\NeverwinterNights\\NWN\\Mss32.dll "

This leads me to believe that some files haven't been properly installed. I can click on the ignore button though so I did that, after the patch had been installed I still couldn't run the game. And when I clicked on configure it gave me an error message saying that they couldn't recognise which version on neverwinter nights I had. And it went straight back to version 1.00.

I've already reinstalled it btw. Didn't work.

Legacy_Solidbebe

NWN refuses to start
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 09:14:11 am »

I've got it to work after restarting my computer. ( to update my drivers ). But it seems fils are missing. First of all there is no voice acting, and I recall there being voice acting on about every character in the tutorial area. Also when I went to trade with Olgerd it gave me an error message saying:

"Invalid OP code"

There was alot of other stuff too that I can type if so necessary.

Legacy_Lord Sullivan

NWN refuses to start
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 09:35:50 am »

system specs and OS + version would be helpful

Legacy_Solidbebe

NWN refuses to start
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 12:40:20 pm »

I was afraid someone would ask for this. I'm afraid I don't know my system specs. My operating system is windows xp  though. And I know my graphics card which is nvidia geforce 130 gt.

Legacy_Solidbebe

NWN refuses to start
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 12:41:02 pm »

I was afraid someone would ask for this. I'm afraid I don't know my system specs. My operating system is windows xp  though. And I know my graphics card which is nvidia geforce 130 gt.

Legacy_Solidbebe

NWN refuses to start
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 02:50:15 pm »

Nevermind it seems I've resolved the issue.