Author Topic: Reproducible Lockup on SoU, PRC installed  (Read 387 times)

Legacy_Snickeringshadow

Reproducible Lockup on SoU, PRC installed
« on: December 06, 2010, 04:30:10 am »

Hey guys, I'm encountering a lockup in Chapter 2 of SoU. Every time that I open a load door from the Asabi camp area in undrentide, the game freezes (but doesn't crash to desktop). I've tried multiple save files, and they all do the same thing. It happens no matter which loading door I try to open. Even if I just wander around the hallways without opening doors, it will still crash after about 15 minutes of gameplay.

I have had absolutely no problems before this point; I was even running it on very high graphics settings with no lag. Opening my task manager when the freeze occurs, I see that nwmain.exe is consuming 200MB of ram and 50% of my CPU. I've tried dumbing down the graphics to the lowest possible settings (including disabling sky boxes and shadows), running it in a window, and disabling sound. I've also done every possible combination of those choices. No dice.

My system specs are below. I am running it on bootcamp and have PRC installed. I'm really hoping that one of those isn't the problem, otherwise I've wasted a good deal of time on this character. If anybody's got any ideas, please let me know.

System Info:

NWN1, Sou, HotU, v 1.69 (PRC installed)
Language: English 
Retail CD (Original versions, not diamond or gold)
Intel Core 2 Duo T8300 @ 2.4 GHz  
Windows XP SP3 via Bootcamp on Macbook Pro.
2 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 128bit 512MB
Driver = 6.14.12.6099

Modifié par Snickeringshadow, 06 décembre 2010 - 05:10 .

Legacy_Xenovant

Reproducible Lockup on SoU, PRC installed
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 06:36:20 pm »

Start a new game directly from chapter 2 with a new character without PRC installed, if it doesn't crash... well... you have wasted your time with your current character  :S