Author Topic: Symbols in conversation editor  (Read 424 times)

Legacy_UnrealJedi

Symbols in conversation editor
« on: June 07, 2012, 01:39:52 am »

I can't believe I just now paid attention to these, but can anyone explain the following symbols in the conversation editor (in the blue boxes at the beginning of each node):

1) Squigly line, like a tilda
2) Check mark
3) Triangle (like the play symbol on a boombox or DVD player)

Also, I have noticed that sometimes the blue boxes are surrounded by a red border that comes and goes. Does anyone know what this is about?

Legacy_Fester Pot

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 01:54:21 pm »

UnrealJedi wrote...

I can't believe I just now paid attention to these, but can anyone explain the following symbols in the conversation editor (in the blue boxes at the beginning of each node):

1) Squigly line, like a tilda
2) Check mark
3) Triangle (like the play symbol on a boombox or DVD player)

Also, I have noticed that sometimes the blue boxes are surrounded by a red border that comes and goes. Does anyone know what this is about?

1) This conversation line has a TEXT APPEARS script attatched to it.

2) This conversation line has no TEXT APPEARS script attatched to it and is assigned to the PLAYER.

3) This conversation line has no TEXT APPEARS script attatched to it and is assigned to the NPC.

UnrealJedi wrote...

Also, I have noticed that sometimes
the blue boxes are surrounded by a red border that comes and goes. Does
anyone know what this is about?

This I have never taken notice of.

FP!

Modifié par Fester Pot, 07 juin 2012 - 12:55 .

Legacy_JediMindTrix

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 06:08:53 am »

I've always been curious about the same thing, and to go a little further, I've always wondered what the function of all those buttons in between the conversation window and the title bar do.

Legacy_Lightfoot8

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 11:53:04 am »

NineCoronas2021 wrote...

I've always been curious about the same thing, and to go a little further, I've always wondered what the function of all those buttons in between the conversation window and the title bar do.

Copied from  The Guide to Building Volume I – The Aurora Toolset Manual

'Image

A
These buttons are the standard file commands. From left to right, they provide the following
commands: “Create a new file”, “Open an existing file”, “Close the current file”, “Save the
current file”, “Save as” and “Save All”.

B
Clicking on this button brings you to the options screen of the Conversation Editor. The
options provided in this screen will be fully covered in Section 5.5.

C
Enabling one or more of these buttons will highlights nodes in the conversation that contain,
from left to right, comments, actions, quests, animations and sounds, as more fully explained
in Section 5.5 below.

D
This button is used to add a conversation node to your conversation, which will be covered
in Section 5.3 below.

E
These buttons are the standard edit commands (i.e. the “copy”, “paste” and “cut”
commands).

F
These buttons are the standard find commands (i.e. “Find text”, “Find next”, “Find in files”
and “Replace”). The find text button will search only in the current conversation file. If you
want to find text in all open files or in all conversation files of your module, you need to use
the “Find in files” command.

When you use the “Find in files” command, the results of the search will be accessible by
clicking on the “Search” window tab identified by the letter J in Image 5.2a. The results will
remain in this window until a new search is performed. To access the found nodes in which
the searched text appears, double-click on any search result line in this window.

G
These buttons are the “Expand All” and “Collapse All” buttons. Clicking on these buttons will
either expand all the nodes in your conversation tree or minimize them.

H
For the statistics fan in you, here you can find out how many letters or words there are in the
selected line, file or module.

I
In this window you can edit the text of any node contained in the conversation file. The
options provided in this screen will be fully covered in Section 5.3.

J
These tabs permit you to access the “Data” properties (the ones appearing in Image 5.2a),
the “Bookmarks” you have set (see Section 5.5 for full details) and the “Search” results (see
comments made under letter F above).

K
Your conversation tree is in this window. How to create this tree and a description of its
structure are topics covered in Section 5.3 below.

L
This window provides you with the properties of any selected conversation node and the
properties of the conversation files, which are more fully explained in Section 5.4 below.

Modifié par Lightfoot8, 10 juin 2012 - 10:55 .