Author Topic: Sound Help gui_quest done.wav  (Read 489 times)

Legacy_NullthraB

Sound Help gui_quest done.wav
« on: February 16, 2012, 01:10:49 pm »

hello,
I made a mistake and used some bmu to wav file converter I got off the vault and many of the sounds in my override bak file are not playing the sound in game. I cannot seem to correct this mistake and attempts at using the converter do nothing. I see they have been turned from a bmu. file to a wav. file.  I must have gui_quest_done playing its sound in the game.

Please help me change it back to the original sound file name.
Explain in detail how to do it because I need the help.

Thank you,
NB:(

Legacy_NullthraB

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 03:08:50 pm »

Also, i just checked it again, but still no luck.

It says the Conversation file is in sterio but needs to be in mono.  I have no idea have any of this got changed but I really need to get working.

any advice?

Legacy_NullthraB

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 07:53:12 pm »

The MORE important question is,  will players who download my module be able to hear the gui_quest_done sound?  Regardless of the file name, be them bif. bmu., mp3.,and or wav.files that I have mistakenly set them too?  Will other players whose override file was not tampered with, hear the gui quest down sound even If can't during play?

THIS IS A BIG ONE, SO please help,
thank you
nb

Note: I was testing sounds and music files out for a little movie project that has since been shelved.

Legacy_Shadooow

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 08:57:57 pm »

NullthraB wrote...

The MORE important question is,  will players who download my module be able to hear the gui_quest_done sound?.

Yes at least if this is default NWN resource and not custom content sound. Music/sounds is client-side it depends on what player have. If you do not this sound in hak associated with the module, client-version will be used.

Anyway I dont understand what you have been trying to do and what you have done. But if you put something into your override, simply delete it from override and default version will be used, if you altered files in music folder and canot get them back, try reinstalling the game.

Legacy_NullthraB

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 10:49:39 am »

Hi, okay thank you. I will delete all the override bak sounds and test to see if the sounds are working as they should be.  That should fix everything back to normal.
Thank you for helping,
NB

Legacy_NullthraB

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 12:19:51 pm »

After removing gui_guest_done.wav file from the override bak file nothing changed at all and the sound did not play in the conversation when it should have. However, when I leveled up  in game test the sound played.  level up and quest done are the same sound I think so what is going on with the conversation sound?  I have gui guest done on a player response line and then the npc line which follows has no sounds or scripts at all, its just text. SO why is the sound not playing?

Also, in basic nwn1.69 are there any sound files in the override or override bak files? Are these files normally empty?

Help,
thank you.
nb

Legacy_Fester Pot

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 03:47:41 pm »

NullthraB wrote...

After removing gui_guest_done.wav file from the override bak file nothing changed at all and the sound did not play in the conversation when it should have. However, when I leveled up  in game test the sound played.  level up and quest done are the same sound I think so what is going on with the conversation sound?  I have gui guest done on a player response line and then the npc line which follows has no sounds or scripts at all, its just text. SO why is the sound not playing?

Also, in basic nwn1.69 are there any sound files in the override or override bak files? Are these files normally empty?

Help,
thank you.
nb

It's not playing because sound files for conversations must be in mono format and gui_quest_done.wav is in stereo format, so you will not hear it in the game under these conditions - regardless of the fact you can hear it play in the toolset via the conversation PLAY SOUND box.

FP!

Legacy_NullthraB

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 10:26:01 am »

Hi, okay.
So somehow I switch from mono to stereo.   Can I  reset them back to mono?  If this is possible please explain in detail how to do?

Please help.
Thank you
NB

Legacy_Fester Pot

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 04:33:48 pm »

The sound file has always been in stereo format, that is how it is packaged.

If you want to change it, you'll need to use some audio application to change it from stereo to mono, then include the modified sound file in a HAK and add the HAK to your module. Anyone playing your module will also require downloading the HAK to hear the custom sound.

FP!