Author Topic: Help with problems?  (Read 430 times)

Legacy_JoeMama2110

Help with problems?
« on: June 16, 2011, 08:09:48 am »

Sorry, wasn't sure exactly where to post this but I was building a module (just for fun at the moment) and was
having trouble with area transitions, namely using a portal to transport a character from one area to the next via another portal in that area. 

Any help/advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

JoeMama2110

Modifié par JoeMama2110, 16 juin 2011 - 07:10 .

Legacy_CID-78

Help with problems?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 01:39:58 pm »

well there is two way of doing that either you paint a transition trigger in the portal and link it with the destination. or you use a Onused: Script event of the portal object to jump the player to the new destination.

there is plenty of default or ready to use scripts for this. but all use either ActionjumpToObject() or ActionJumpToLocation().

Legacy_JoeMama2110

Help with problems?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 06:11:07 pm »

idk, maybe i'm dumb or something but i can't seem to get the transition trigger to "stick" or actually stay on my map. I tried the ActionJumpToObject() script but it keeps not compiling due to like an unrecognized thing or something in the line. Blah, I really stink at this haha

Legacy_Failed.Bard

Help with problems?
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 06:27:05 pm »

Is the problem making the trigger itself?  You have to double-click at the start point to close off the trigger area.  With rectangular shapes that part is simple, since instead of a single click to finish off the fourth side, you double-click instead.

Legacy_Lazarus Magni

Help with problems?
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 11:45:15 pm »

BTW there are a couple fantastic little (and not so little) tutorials on how to use the toolset. Here is one.
http://nwvault.ign.c...r.Detail&id=803
But if you do a google search there are quite a few others out there as well like AuroraToolsetTutorial.pdf 1 and 2.

Modifié par Lazarus Magni, 16 juin 2011 - 10:47 .

Legacy_Terrorble

Help with problems?
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 05:28:24 am »

If you know how to make a regular area transition, then make a little one and put the portal on top of it.  When you look at the trigger properties and the area transition tab, just set it up to go one way.

Legacy_JoeMama2110

Help with problems?
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 08:06:58 am »

Thanks, I did make a module like a year or two ago so I'm just "remembering" these things but I completely forgot how to close the area transition by double-clicking. So I'm gonna try that, but in the meantime, I know that I really never could solve how to work the Journal Editor, if anybody has suggestions. Thanks for the reminder Failed.Bard and Lazarus, I'll look into that link when I have more time.