Author Topic: Run toolset without expansions?  (Read 445 times)

Legacy_emuman4evr

Run toolset without expansions?
« on: June 12, 2011, 03:51:24 am »

Hello I'm new. I recently installed my copy of neverwinter nights again and was working on a module. Then I installed the expansions and I wanted to go back and edit the module. However if I do this, the module only becomes playable to those with both expansions. Is there a way to get around this or should I just assume everyone has both expansions by now?

Legacy_The Amethyst Dragon

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 04:16:17 am »

I think you can safely assume everyone that plays NWN has both expansions.

Legacy_emuman4evr

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 04:21:08 am »

Thanks.

Legacy_Axe_Murderer

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 01:44:23 pm »

Infochanger by Lilac Soul lets you mark a module for any version/expansion pack combination. You can find it in the vault.

Keep in mind however that if you, let's say, add both paks to your game, then create a module which includes content from the expansions, and then use Infochanger to allow people without the expansions to play... since they won't have the additional content installed, when they encounter that content during play in the module they will either see white ugly non-descript forms or maybe have their game crash. So you gotta be careful about what you put in the module.

Legacy_CID-78

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 02:29:33 pm »

Anyone that still play the game will have the expansions. So it's not worth the effort and trouble to go without them. You shouldn't even be afraid of using some community content such as CEP and Q or any of the other haks out there.

Legacy_Groove Widdit

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 11:32:20 pm »

Hey I don't have the expansions.

Legacy_Melkior_King

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 10:03:19 am »

A few people still don't have the expansions.

It's possible to install both the expanded and non-expanded versions, but you need to edit keys in the registry.  Be warned that if you muck it up, you can make your computer unbootable.

You need to install the unexpanded version first, then update this copy of the game to the latest version before proceeding.  Rename the NWN folder to something else (such as NWN1).

You then edit the registry and delete the Bioware nwn keys from there, so the game thinks it's never been installed.  Also update any shortcuts to point to the new locations.

Finally, install the expanded version of the game.

I advise keeping the icons for each version of the game in different desktop folders, so you don't mix them up.

Modifié par Melkior_King, 21 juillet 2011 - 09:05 .