Author Topic: Help! How to change the model for armor?  (Read 514 times)

Legacy_Shahadet

Help! How to change the model for armor?
« on: April 19, 2011, 05:29:48 pm »

Hey folks - brand new module person here.  I've got no scripting experience and limited tool set.

That out of the way.....

I've got a player character, where I want to have their full plate look like regular clothes.

I don't want to cheat - the "clothes" can weigh 50 lbs, have a -8 skill check, etc, etc.  I just want it to LOOK like clothes on screen.

Unfortunately, the toolset seems to have this mindset of "Plate armor must look kinda like plate - I'll give a bunch of different designs, but they are all 'plate-y'"  None of the options have "robe" or "t-shirt" , etc.  Full plate looks like big honky plates of metal.

On the flip side, I can't alter the statistics of clothes - I've made the clothing items I want, but I can't add the statistics of "weight = 50lbs", "AC = 8", "Skill check = -8" , etc.  It's like the toolset says "These are clothes - we know what the stats are for clothes, so you don't need to play with them.  Have a nice day."

So - anyone have any idea how I can make a shirt and shorts LOOK like a shirt and shorts on the computer screen, but otherwise ACT like full plate armor (with all the bonuses and penalties inherent)?

Thanks!

Legacy_TSMDude

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 07:02:16 pm »

Make it a robe. In otherwords, use the robe template which has a lot of extra looks rather than just robes.

Modifié par TSMDude, 19 avril 2011 - 06:02 .

Legacy_Shahadet

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 11:20:40 pm »

Hey TSM, thanks for the tip!  I just went through all of the options though, and couldn't get the look I'm striving for.  Robes tend to have a "full body" look, and while I could customize the arms and legs to a certain extent, I couldn't get the full effect I want

Funny thing is, I've got the look I want, but it's currently an AC 0 item in the character's inventory.  All I really need to figure out is how to edit the information for this clothing item, so it has all the stats for the armor I'm trying to get (AC 8, weight 50lbs, skill check -8, etc).

Is it possible to take a PC character .bic file into the Aurora Toolset and edit it from there?

Legacy_Builder_Anthony

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 02:28:05 pm »

Edt the item properties on the armor you made and give it a ac bonus.Then click on the ac bonus and edit the amount of ac bounus you want it to have.You can also add weight to the item.

Modifié par Builder_Anthony, 20 avril 2011 - 01:28 .

Legacy_Shahadet

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 07:57:56 pm »

Hey B_A, thanks for the response.  The big problem with doing it your way is that to get the appropriate AC value, the magic bonus would have to be inordinately high (i.e. to get full plate +2, the AC 0 item needs to be +10) - the result being that characters that should be able to wear the armor won't be able to.  Hence, why I want to change the base AC and other stats, and THEN assign magical attributes as appropriate

I've spent more time working with the toolset, and I just can NOT get the AC properties box to change - it's like it has a hard coded value for each graphic model in the game of what it's AC value can only be.  Which is damned annoying, considering it's a high fantasy/adventure game

Legacy_TSMDude

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 08:33:47 pm »

You can edit the 2das as well but then it gets a bit more complicated.

Legacy_Builder_Anthony

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 05:01:19 am »

Ya it is hardcoded.Just the chest peices.You could do it my way and have them able to wear it if you uncheck enforce item level restrictions.

Legacy_Xovian

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 03:47:56 am »

I know it can be done in game with the craft armor skills.
If you have a low skill it can take awhile due to failures, but it can be done by that.

You may want to look up the crafting skill scripts to see what they are doing to allow that.
I use to turn my "shirts" into "plate" because I got tired of robes on my wizard cause most look more like a frilly dress then a robe IMO.