Author Topic: Celeritas Eos ~ Requiem now avaliable!  (Read 836 times)

Legacy_Dragon Studios

Celeritas Eos ~ Requiem now avaliable!
« on: June 08, 2014, 02:49:27 pm »

Download it here!

The second demo for Celeritas Eos is now here.

requiemdemo1.jpg

The "Requiem" demo is the second demo for Celeritas Eos ~ Equilibrium of the Night and it is now available to download here. Whilst the Avue demo was to show-case our procedural generation, dynamic AI and fluctuating crime rates system, Requiem gives players the opportunity to play Equilibrium of the Night from the beginning to experience the main plot, explore more than a quarter of the world openly, complete side quests and to see the role-playing features that Equilibrium has to offer.

ce11.jpg

For those new to Celeritas Eos, you can read up on what the mod offers over on RPG Watch. To summarize: "Celeritas Eos is an open world dark fantasy horror survival role playing game set on a fictional world with a low fantasy setting. The aim of the mod has always been to offer an amazing role-playing experience which gives the player complete freedom in what they do and features an open ended non-linear design in terms of exploration and quest completion harkening back to classic RPG's such as Ultima and the original Fallout games."

This demo only requires that you have Neverwinter Nights Diamond installed onto your computer. Everything else you need is right in the .rar package and installation is simple. The demo represents a project still in development so expect the final version to be different (for example, Requiem does not feature the procedural generation, dynamic AI and fluctuating crime rates system that you can observe in the Avue demo).

Faq:

• Why is the demo called "Requiem"?

In Latin, Requiem means mass for the dead. In Catholicism, this is a mass for one or more deceased persons. The demo takes this name in reference to people who journey to Eridanus from other countries and continents as the Church in-game often perform a premature mass for these people, expecting them to fail in their quest to defeat the evil within Eridanus. Since the prologue and Chapter 1 has an emphasis on Lucia's journey from her continent (Polaris) to Eridanus, it was a fitting name for a demo that contains these two chapters.

• What does this demo consist of?

Requiem gives the player over 25% of the world to explore and (as stated above) consists of both the prologue and Chapter 1. At the start, the player must find a way to leave their home city (which has been quarantined due to a spreading plague) and has numerous options available for them to do so. Most of the quests included in this demo have multiple outcomes and the player also can travel down several role-playing paths influencing how things play out which means that it's advised to replay this demo several times to experience everything.

• What should I look out for?

Look out for Crowley, he is the second companion you should meet. He's next to the boat on the island. You will understand this when you play. Also look out for the Necropolis, a seventeen area dungeon which will test your mettle but finding it is tricky...

r6A.jpg

• Will I encounter vampires in the demo?

Of course but only if you venture into the Necropolis... 

• I'm getting ass whooped in the Necropolis...

Yeah, about that, it's actually for higher level characters but experienced players who know good tactics can brave it and stand a chance at beating it.

• I've finished the Cult/Forthaven plot line and chose my allegiance. I'm trying to get to Eridanus on the boat now but the demo won't progress.

Unfortunately that's where the demo ends.

That's all from me. Enjoy the demo and don't forget to leave feedback below or in our forum. With this, I leave you with the demo and a portrait of Lucia as a vampire, created by Olivier Ponsonnet.

DEMO DOWNLOAD

luciavampire1.jpg

drgnstdios_logo.jpg

Legacy_redwind21

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 04:44:35 pm »

I've tried both your demos and I am very impressed by them. Please do keep up the good work!

Legacy_Dragon Studios

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 05:33:12 am »

Thanks. We appreciate it!

Legacy_Eternal Phoenix

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 03:25:37 am »

I've been following your team's mods ever since you showed up on moddb, even posted a few of them here for you and I've got to say that this shows how far you've come. It's a massive improvement over your past mods. I get the feeling that your past mods were built for the experience and practice which would eventually lead up to this? In any case I really enjoyed the demo and I wish you luck with the rest of the mod's development.

Legacy_Dragon Studios

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 11:58:01 pm »

I've been following your team's mods ever since you showed up on moddb, even posted a few of them here for you and I've got to say that this shows how far you've come. I really enjoyed the demo.

Thank you. Appreciate the support.