Author Topic: Aielund Saga Improvements (Need Input/Feedback)  (Read 12137 times)

Legacy_Empyre65

Aielund Saga Improvements (Need Input/Feedback)
« Reply #180 on: January 04, 2015, 12:05:55 am »

You would have to make the hood into a custom head.

Legacy_Bawookles

« Reply #181 on: January 04, 2015, 04:38:01 am »

I don't think any actual heads with hoods hide his face.  May just set up a script to re-equip the helm if it gets unequipped or something.

Considering I've played through it solo multiple times, I can safely say that shouldn't be an issue.

1, do you have the latest version?

2, did you have a companion nearby but not in the party?

I mean, you said you added RB to your party when one would expect he'd be back in Fairloch if you never recruited him...

That must be it. Robert's nearby in the other room but he's not in my party. Interesting.

Legacy_MagicalMaster

« Reply #182 on: January 04, 2015, 08:19:56 am »

You would have to make the hood into a custom head.

No idea how to do that and not sure I want to risk messing with the Aielund hakpak.  It's a relatively minor issue anyway and can be fixed with that script I mentioned.

That must be it. Robert's nearby in the other room but he's not in my party. Interesting.

What's likely happening is that the conversation notices he's somewhat nearby but then when it tries to make him say the line he's too far away.

The reverse can happen too -- if you have companions A and B in your party and companion C is nearby, companion C can interject into a conversation without being in the party.

Legacy_Lilura

« Reply #183 on: January 06, 2015, 12:26:49 am »

Camouflage is regularly misspelled without the "u". Being more modernly a French word, there's no room for interpretation. Easy to see how people make the mistake when a common shortening doesn't have the "u" (camo).

Legacy_Bawookles

« Reply #184 on: January 06, 2015, 02:57:17 am »

Help!

I'm in the last part of the game, and I'm soloing, I took Terinus out of my party in the Hall of Worlds and he did the usual "I'll be right here if you want me" and I've come back to the Hall of Worlds and he's gone! And I looked all inside his Tower and he's nowhere to be found! Yikes! I lost Terinus!!!

I'm sure I've done this before in the game with no problem. Can anyone tell me how to find him or get him back? Do I have to do a console command?

MagicalMaster???

Legacy_MagicalMaster

« Reply #185 on: January 07, 2015, 02:35:49 am »

I have never heard of that issue before and looking through the code I'm not seeing any reason that should happen.  Can you give some more details?  Where were you prior to telling him to stay behind?  Where did you go next?

At a minimum, you could try this but not sure if it'll work:

#DebugMode 1

##dm_spawncreature terinus23

##DebugMode 0

May have some plot stuff messed up.

That said, Terinus winds up magically getting teleported to you when he's needed anyway, even if you never take him from the tower.  So you may be fine without him if you can hanle the combat.

Legacy_Bawookles

« Reply #186 on: January 07, 2015, 03:26:14 am »

I have never heard of that issue before and looking through the code I'm not seeing any reason that should happen.  Can you give some more details?  Where were you prior to telling him to stay behind?  Where did you go next?

At a minimum, you could try this but not sure if it'll work:

#DebugMode 1

##dm_spawncreature terinus23

##DebugMode 0

May have some plot stuff messed up.

That said, Terinus winds up magically getting teleported to you when he's needed anyway, even if you never take him from the tower.  So you may be fine without him if you can hanle the combat.

It was right after he opened up the Hall of Worlds and he goes in there, I follow, and he appears as my henchman as soon as I appear in Hall of Worlds. I removed him from my party since I want to go solo and he does the old "fine, I'll be right here if you need me again" and he's standing at the door to Blackwood Tower in the Hall of Worlds. So I go off to the Etherial Plane to get some goodies from the dragon, come back, and he's not standing in front of the door to Blackwood Tower anymore. He's nowhere to be found, not in the Hall of Worlds, not in Blackwood Tower, nowhere.

It's weird because I know I've done this sort of thing before in previous games, so it's weird to me that he would just disappear where I left him. I even cast true sight to see if he was invisible standing there but no. 

Well, I'll try that console command. I guess if he gets put back into the game when he's needed for plot reasons then that's okay because my game won't be broken. It would just be nice to have him so he can enchant some of my weaponry. 

Thanks for the suggestions.

Legacy_MagicalMaster

« Reply #187 on: January 07, 2015, 03:30:29 am »

I'll see if I can replicate the bug and figure it out...but as no one has reported this issue, ever, in all the years it's been out (that I know of, at least) I wouldn't hold your breath.

Fair enough on the enchanting, give the console commands a shot and see if that works.

Legacy_Bawookles

« Reply #188 on: January 07, 2015, 03:39:11 am »

I'll see if I can replicate the bug and figure it out...but as no one has reported this issue, ever, in all the years it's been out (that I know of, at least) I wouldn't hold your breath.

Fair enough on the enchanting, give the console commands a shot and see if that works.

Yeah, well, I've been playing Aielund for years and have never seen this!

Well, I tried out the console command and what happens is Terinus appears naked before me with no gear (and curiously enough I can't access his inventory) and already as one of my henchmen. I can't get him out of my party if I tell him I don't want him anymore and if I ask him to enchant my weaponry, he's like "I can only do that in Blackwood Tower" and we are IN Blackwood Tower in his laboratory! So that's not gonna work.

Meh, it's okay. I can get by without weapon enchantments. What's important is that I can still finish this game without him. 

Thanks again.

Legacy_Lilura

« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2015, 07:16:29 am »

Spoiler

Legacy_MagicalMaster

« Reply #190 on: January 07, 2015, 08:01:01 am »

Spoiler

Legacy_MagicalMaster

« Reply #191 on: January 08, 2015, 11:58:37 pm »

So that's not gonna work.

Meh, it's okay. I can get by without weapon enchantments. What's important is that I can still finish this game without him.

Well, here's the deal:

If Terinus somehow got destroyed, then you might not be able to finish, because he doesn't exist to get teleported to the ending section.

If he just got moved to some random location through a bug, then he should exist and you should be able to finish.  Not sure if it's possible to know without getting to the end, though.

That said, if he doesn't appear at the end and you need him, then you may be able to spawn his naked, in-the-party version which may fulfill the plot requirements.  Not sure.

Good luck!  And if you somehow figure out a way to reproduce the bug let me know since I didn't see anything to make me think this could even happen.

Legacy_Bawookles

« Reply #192 on: January 09, 2015, 12:06:18 am »

Well, here's the deal:

If Terinus somehow got destroyed, then you might not be able to finish, because he doesn't exist to get teleported to the ending section.

If he just got moved to some random location through a bug, then he should exist and you should be able to finish.  Not sure if it's possible to know without getting to the end, though.

That said, if he doesn't appear at the end and you need him, then you may be able to spawn his naked, in-the-party version which may fulfill the plot requirements.  Not sure.

Good luck!  And if you somehow figure out a way to reproduce the bug let me know since I didn't see anything to make me think this could even happen.

Hey, thanks for the suggestions! Yeah, I will just spawn him in if he doesn't appear at the end. 

I figured out something with him earlier though, the fact that the spawned version doesn't realize he's in Blackwood Tower. If I take him out of the Tower and then back in it again, then he realizes he's in the Tower and will enchant weaponry for me. Unfortunately, this spawned-in version cannot be removed from my party, so I'll just spawn in a 1st level version of him, have him enchant my weaponry, and then take him into combat and let him die immediately so I can continue solo. Unless there's some console command to remove an NPC from your party?

Legacy_Empyre65

« Reply #193 on: July 12, 2015, 08:07:57 pm »

I would ask about this in a PM to avoid bumping an old thread, but since I can't, here goes. Has there been any progress on this? I am waiting until this is released to update from the old version I have because I heard that in the current version, the romances are broken.

Legacy_MagicalMaster

« Reply #194 on: July 13, 2015, 10:19:00 am »

I would ask about this in a PM to avoid bumping an old thread, but since I can't, here goes.

Why do you say that?  I don't *think* I have you on ignore or anything (I'd have no reason to that I can recall).  That said, I don't mind you asking here, just curious about your statement.

Has there been any progress on this?

Some.  The good news is that the guild I lead in WoW is currently ranked the #1 two night guild in the entire US.  The bad news is that between that, busier RL, and spending time playing games with friends that I've had precious little spare time to do much NWN related during the past few months.  I wouldn't expect anything for another few months most likely in terms of the Saga being rereleased again or however you want to phrase it.

I am waiting until this is released to update from the old version I have because I heard that in the current version, the romances are broken.

Where did you hear that?

The only problem I know of with the romances is that if you try to use the horses then key parts may not trigger...which is one of the reasons the horses are being removed.  If you go horseless then I don't recall hearing of any bugs.