Author Topic: Eye of the Beholder II  (Read 585 times)

Legacy_Dark

Eye of the Beholder II
« on: December 17, 2012, 04:57:22 pm »

Hi All, Its Dark, the same team who created the original EOB Mod. Yes, I have been working on EOB 2 for a while; I’ve had a lot of request for it.so I decided to make the mod.

Here is the site to the upcoming mod.

http://nwvault.ign.c....Detail&id=6375

Right now, I’m looking for a few talented people who would be able to make some static models, the model I’m looking for is a glass wall, one is a clear glass wall, and the other would be the wall of Souls, the effect of souls in the wall. The other walls are the Green Seal wall of a green Shield. And a Wall of the Four Winds. I can provide pictures of what those look like.

At this point, the mod is a little over half way completed and is playable up until the Azure Tower. I will need some beta testers soon to help balance and hunt out bugs.

At this point, I would ask if anyone one is interested that you please use the NWVault our web site for the hosting of the mod to communicate all questions and request.

Please pass around the word to your fiends if you know anyone who might be interested in scripting some of the later sequences and anyone who is able to make modes for the Aurora engine. Please contact me if you are interested, my email is on the main mod forum site.
Thanks all.
Dark

Modifié par Dark, 18 décembre 2012 - 09:02 .

Legacy_Tim.G

Eye of the Beholder II
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 07:20:38 pm »

I have no skills but I can playtest.  On a regular basis I check the forums in hopes of seeing a release date for this!

Legacy_Dark

Eye of the Beholder II
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 07:38:14 pm »

No problem Tim,

And please use our new web site for the mod.  It makes it easier to respond and keep everything in one general area.

Thanks for your interest.

Legacy_Zwerkules

Eye of the Beholder II
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 09:07:44 pm »

I think you already got offers from people who can help you with those glass walls, but if you need  any help with extra tiles for tileset, feel free to ask.
I remember playing EOB 1 and I liked that you used a lot of custom content. I hope you'll do the same with EOB 2.

Legacy_Dark

Eye of the Beholder II
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 03:42:00 am »

@Zwerkules, Are you serious? You can create tilesets?

Do you make tile sets? Dude if you do you’re a life saver. I was going to just wing it with what was available in the Vault. And yes we tried to use as many different tile sets as possible I hate rehashing at all cost if I can avoid it. But I could defiantly use someone that can make new tile sets. Basically looking for at least two. Crimson Tower. Ill provides screens of those to give you an idea. And the Azure Tower. You can have full freedom on however you think they need to be. Just try to make them somewhat close to their originals if possible.

Here are the screenshots.Auqua colored Walls, adorned with wall banners like this. Decoreate the levels however you like.

gigi.nullneuron.net/comp/images/eob2/eob2-azure3-53.png

gigi.nullneuron.net/comp/images/eob2/eob2-azure3-02.png

Crimson Tower - Red colored walls awith Red colored carpets.

gigi.nullneuron.net/comp/images/eob2/eob2-crimson1-23.png

gigi.nullneuron.net/comp/images/eob2/eob2-crimson2-02.png

Temple Tiles, Brown Brick.

gigi.nullneuron.net/comp/images/eob2/eob2-crimson1-19.png

Modifié par Dark, 18 décembre 2012 - 03:43 .

Legacy_Dark

Eye of the Beholder II
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 03:54:45 am »

Yea, we tried to use as much Custom Content as possible.  I like using new community created stuff. especially when it’s done really well.  So, yes I am again trying to put a lot of custom content in.  Getting harder to find though, not many people out there making the content like before.  So it’s great finding you guys here that are still active.  You guys are all welcome to join the team and help out in whatever way you are good at.  Just let me know.  I would rather use the nwvault site we have. I’m not so hot about using this site. It keeps dumping out my login for some reason and seems to only work from my work address.  Not sure why.  Anyway let me know guys.

Legacy_Dark

Eye of the Beholder II
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 02:39:56 pm »

Hello everyone,

I’m looking for some people to help beta test the mod.  Please contact me at my regular email address if you are interested.

We are have one last level to compete with scripting and detailing.  From that point on its all downhill on balancing and setting up quest journals and some final conversations with the henchmen.

Geoff, joined the team over a month ago and has scripted in a lot of the more complex scripted areas.  Wait until you all see the pit traps and how those are working in the Azure Tower.

Again, please contact me if you want to help us beta test and balance the mod.

Thanks guys!

Rick