Author Topic: Modules requiring mods  (Read 575 times)

Legacy_TheButterflyEffect

Modules requiring mods
« on: July 12, 2012, 05:33:48 pm »

Are people OK with downloading modules that require downloading some other haks/mods to work?

Currently I'm building one using CEP 2.4, NWNCQ and two small haks I chopped up myself... are people OK with that, or is having a laundry list of mods to download a nuisance that will turn people away? 'Image

Legacy_werelynx

Modules requiring mods
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 06:40:54 pm »

I'm ok with it, even happy as the old contents(tilesets especially) get old after some time.

Legacy_TheButterflyEffect

Modules requiring mods
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 08:31:10 pm »

Actually, I think I've changed my mind about nwncq, as unfortunately it causes too much breakage of CEP tilesets...

Legacy_Vehemence_

Modules requiring mods
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 02:00:36 pm »

I actually prefer modules with custom content. It really helps change things up and I love to see how people use custom content. I'm not much of a content creator so I like to use stuff I find on the Vault that haven't gotten much use. It maybe a little more confusing to install the module but it's almost always worth it. Try to remember that you're creating a module in a game that basically requires people to download a number of things anyway, most players won't mind taking extra steps to download your custom content.

How far into development are you with your module? I look forward to perhaps getting to play it.

Legacy_Empyre65

Modules requiring mods
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 03:22:44 pm »

Don't forget to make it clear exactly what needs to be downloaded to make your module work. Providing links anywhere the site doesn't automatically is even better.

Legacy_Mystery X

Modules requiring mods
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 08:37:23 pm »

Admittedly when I look for modules to try, a module with too many downloads- especially too many downloads from too many different places- discourages me from trying the module.  So the laundry list of mods would turn me away.

I don't think four is excessive, though.  I don't have a clear number in mind as to how many is too many, but I think four isn't too many.

Legacy_MaxQuartiroli

Modules requiring mods
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 09:31:49 pm »

I have no problem at all with that. Put in your mod all the haks and tilesets that you want. :happy:

Modifié par MaxQuartiroli, 13 juillet 2012 - 08:34 .

Legacy_Mr. Versipellis

Modules requiring mods
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 02:54:40 pm »

I'd far rather spend an hour downloading a really cool, unique-looking module than five minutes downloading something really derivative. CC is brilliant if it's used properly - go nuts!