Author Topic: Day And Night Cyles Mod?  (Read 1955 times)

Legacy_Elhanan

Day And Night Cyles Mod?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 02:29:26 pm »

Because that may not be true for everyone; never notuced myself.

Most of the occasions when timed Day & Night cycling has been experienced in mods, it has been less immersive because lengthy discusions and dialogues seemed to take days. Tales of Arterra stood out as an exception  for me due to the story, and it's rather unique usage of this design. However, I would rather skip it overall, as it falls into the RL simulations that bring tedium to the game.

IMO, of course.

Legacy_Rolo Kipp

Day And Night Cyles Mod?
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 03:19:51 pm »

<drawn in...>

Elhanan wrote...
Tales of Arterra stood out as an exception  for me due to the story, and it's rather unique usage of this design. However, I would rather skip it overall, as it falls into the RL simulations that bring tedium to the game.
IMO, of course.

Now I'm curious :-) Never looked at Tales of Arterra.
What made it acceptible, if you don't mind extemporizing, oh Ancient One?
I am always looking for ways to improve Amethyst :-)

<...in spite of his good sense>

Legacy_Elhanan

Day And Night Cyles Mod?
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 04:10:19 pm »

Rolo Kipp wrote...
<drawn in...>

Now I'm curious :-) Never looked at Tales of Arterra.
What made it acceptible, if you don't mind extemporizing, oh Ancient One?
I am always looking for ways to improve Amethyst :-)

<...in spite of his good sense>

As I recall, certain quest events like meeting a specific stranger in the dead of night, or seeking a unique merchant that only worked during the day or night shift made the implementation have greater meaning, as it was actually used in the mod; not just for show. But it has been ages since I have played this series.

While I cannot recall where it has been that I have seen it misused, I do remember watching days pass during dialogues, and when On-Line; during conversations. Gradual is better than faster cycling, and none works for me in mods.

Legacy_Rolo Kipp

Day And Night Cyles Mod?
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 04:13:41 pm »

<nods...>

Give it meaning or leave it out? I agree that watching the days pass while haggling for a room at the inn could be less than optimal :-)

TY for the response.

<...thoughtfully>

Legacy_Elhanan

Day And Night Cyles Mod?
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 05:21:33 pm »

I am more for leaving it alone in mods. As for PW's, ask other DM's for their input.

The World of Aenea has it, but it has not been a pain; maybe used to it after these past few years.I just know that I hated watching time pass during conversations on other servers, and having to re-buff all the time got old quickly.

Legacy_Dallo

Day And Night Cyles Mod?
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2011, 08:52:23 am »

Firestarter's Ravenloft modules had Day/Night cycles.  Recommend them.

Legacy_qwert_44643

Day And Night Cyles Mod?
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 08:24:56 pm »

I have played nwn for years now but upon finding that time passing does not effect the day/night cyle.i have decided not to play this game no more(maybe years down the road when im old and dont notice the immersiveness breakage.i cant believe ive never noticed this man im really turned off by this and i loved nwn.
qwert

Legacy_Lightfoot8

Day And Night Cyles Mod?
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 08:41:26 pm »

qwert_44643 wrote...

I have played nwn for years now but upon finding that time passing does not effect the day/night cyle.i have decided not to play this game no more(maybe years down the road when im old and dont notice the immersiveness breakage.i cant believe ive never noticed this man im really turned off by this and i loved nwn.
qwert

I do not see how you can make a call about NWN on this.   NWN does have day/night cycles.  Now not all module builders will incorperate it into there modules,  If you do not like that, it is more a reflection on the builder of the module/PW then a reflection on NWN.

Legacy_qwert_44643

Day And Night Cyles Mod?
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012, 10:13:10 pm »

Im talking about the original campaign.
qwert

Legacy_Lightfoot8

Day And Night Cyles Mod?
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012, 11:32:24 pm »

I see,  Well I think we are using different deffinitions here.   Where NWN is concerned "mod" normaly means module.  And since you posted on the "module" board, I assume that everyone assumed that is what you meant.    So as far a modules go yes there are some that will have you sleep for 8 hours. When it comes to multi-player though, having a player to sleep for 8 hours causes problems.   When there is more then one player in order for the player to get 8 hours rest in game all players would have to rest at the same time or the player resting would have to wait 16 minutes while he was resting while the clocked ticked away in order to keep the clock in sink with other players.  

and yes the OC can be played with more then one player.  Hence the reason for the weak quick rest type of system.    

If you play the OC single player I see no reason you could not throw something into you override folder to Override the base resting system.    

So I guess the question is what did you want to happen when you rested?  
Sleep 8 hours every time?
Sleep untill DayBreak every time?
Or what?

Legacy_qwert_44643

Day And Night Cyles Mod?
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 03:55:17 pm »

i play single player solo...what i want to happen is when i rest 8 hours pass and it goes from night to day or vice versa.i played this with morrowind for years after initial release.thats what i want is an overide that affects the oc and official expansion(i have both of them).
qwert

Legacy_qwert_44643

Day And Night Cyles Mod?
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 04:08:50 pm »

basically i want base resting except night and day passes accordingly to the time rested (i usually rest 8 hours) all in an override module.
  you dont know how sad i was entering a new area at night having hard time to see....i cleared the area and decided to wait till morning so i could see better and rested and it was still dark.
   i hope someone can do this for me to restore my enjoyment of nwn.
thanks in advance.
qwert
qwert_44643@yahoo.com

Legacy_Lightfoot8

Day And Night Cyles Mod?
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2012, 04:43:09 pm »

Ok, This was done rather quickly so I have not tested it.   I have uploaded the override into the Files in
Miscellaneous Requests.  

Just download it and unzip it into your override folder.   If you have any trouble with it let me know. Either here or post a comment on the projects page.

Legacy_qwert_44643

Day And Night Cyles Mod?
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 05:43:14 pm »

I just downloaded it and went to load my old game up but in my sadness i must have deleted my old game...i have 2 make a new one.So between skyrim i will have to test it out,in the meantime you think you could test it out and see if its behaving and report back here?
  I'l test it out 2 and report back here when im done testing it out.
qwert

Legacy_qwert_44643

Day And Night Cyles Mod?
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2012, 05:45:14 pm »

AND THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!
qwert