Author Topic: Recommend MP modules?  (Read 709 times)

Legacy_Gregor Wyrmbane

Recommend MP modules?
« on: May 17, 2011, 01:47:47 am »

My wife and I have been playing NWN across a LAN for the last couple of months, and we're having a great time. She's never played D&D before in any form, and never played video games before either. We've played through the OC and both expansions a couple times, as well as all the premium modules capable of supporting MP, that came on the diamond disc. I've installed CEP 2.3 on both our computers, and was wondering if any of you folks would like to recommend some good MP modules we can download off the vault to play together.

I like the RP aspect of NWN, but she's more action oriented. She enjoys playing front line fighter types and fighting her way through multitudes of minions to get to the boss fights. I usually roll up a Ranger/Rogue type to support her, and deal with the locks and traps. Neither one of us really enjoy playing casters. I'm also not crazy about the idea of downloading a lot of custom haks and installing them on our computers. Any suggestions?

Legacy_MrZork

Recommend MP modules?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 02:46:55 am »

You can't really go wrong with the excellent Aielund Saga. And, if you have finished HotU and want to play a module designed for characters of that level, the Sands of Fate series is fun. They are both CEP 2 modules and each has a hak or two to install, but it's very easy plug-and-play stuff.

Modifié par MrZork, 17 mai 2011 - 01:52 .

Legacy_Elhanan

Recommend MP modules?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 03:57:00 am »

Wife?!! Congrats, and my condolences to the lady! 'Image

This mod comes recommended for m/p play;  tis for you:

http://nwvault.ign.c....Detail&id=3837

In addition to those recommended earlier, I enjoyed:

* The Ravenloft mods by Firestarter - the sequel is more updated.for m/p, but both are fun.

* A Tangled Web series by Bruce Laplante - have seen a lot of the first one, and it was very m/p friendly as I recall.

* The PGC3 mod, of course!

Modifié par Elhanan, 17 mai 2011 - 03:02 .

Legacy_Gregor Wyrmbane

Recommend MP modules?
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 02:33:17 pm »

Thanks guys. I'll check those out.

Legacy_TSMDude

Recommend MP modules?
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 03:17:25 pm »

Why not one of the action PWs? (Just asking is all...)

Legacy_Gregor Wyrmbane

Recommend MP modules?
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 03:45:27 pm »

TSMDude wrote...

Why not one of the action PWs? (Just asking is all...)

She says she's not ready for that, yet. I'm extremely happy with the fact that my wife and best friend enjoys playing the only video game I play. I'm not going to risk scaring her off by pushing her into something she isn't comfortable with. When she's ready, she'll let me know. In the meantime, there are a multitude of modules available on the vault.

Legacy_Elhanan

Recommend MP modules?
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 05:18:07 pm »

Of those mentioned, the Aielund series are my personal fave m/p mods; have replayed all the mods a few times, and the Epic lvl ones on several occasions. They have some of the best scribed NPC's available to date.

In addition to them, A Tangled Web series and the PGC3 are the ones that appear to have received the more frequent Updated status notices.

And I agree with the PW call. Learn the basics and enjoyment of exploration before jumping into the m/p deep end of the pool. Personally, I was blessed to have learned most of the m/p aspects while in a controlled small Campaign group of On-line friends, and then began to play with more patient instuctors like yourself to get me up to speed on PW's.

Enjoy!

P.S. You may have also found another realm of closed isolated play besides Solo in which the Player cannot or infrequently cheats: when it is the one holding the reigns of a relationship! Same for PnP, too!

'Image

Modifié par Elhanan, 17 mai 2011 - 04:27 .