Author Topic: [help] [spoilers] Aielund Saga Act 3 - broken quest?  (Read 1084 times)

Legacy_Tesseract_

[help] [spoilers] Aielund Saga Act 3 - broken quest?
« on: December 28, 2010, 05:18:21 pm »

I can't find the last dwarven civilian in Stoneguard to finish the "In Harm's Way" quest. There's a comment on the module's Vault page that suggests this is a bug. Can anyone confirm this, and is there a fix or workaround?

Legacy_jmlzemaggo

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 05:53:46 pm »

I don't remember that part, but I don't remember a bug in Aielund at all. So...

Legacy_Terishia

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 12:51:30 pm »

Hi!

In the latest version of Aielund the civilians are hidden at different locations. If you are looking for them where they were in the older versions, you won't find them. Have you looked everywhere?

Or are you playing on Hardcore Difficulty? In that case it is possible that area of effect spells killed one or two of the Dwarfs, happened to me once, I had to go back to a previous save.

You can check in Debug Mode for any remaining civilians in your area

Type in your chat bar

##DebugMode 1

and then hit the period key (.)

In the opened Window your current area will be highlighted, open the creatures submenu and check the entries for Dwarven Commoner or Noble. Then you could click on their entry and the "Jump To" button on top. Or close the window and go looking once more. Either way, don't forget to disable Debug Mode:

##DebugMode 0 (in the chat bar)

Good Luck!

Legacy_Tesseract_

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 08:59:47 pm »

Yeah, I looked everywhere (twice). I found four, and the last one is simply not there. I am playing on hardcore, so I guess it's possible that an enemy AoE took him out without me noticing. Thanks for the reply in any case. (In a perfect world, the quest would be cleared in this case as well...)