Author Topic: The Tale of the DRM Monster...  (Read 631 times)

Legacy_Balduvard

The Tale of the DRM Monster...
« on: December 06, 2010, 02:00:43 am »

If you have been following the contest thread, you are probably already aware that I posted my module submission to the Vault. I am posting this thread to solicit feedback from the community; anything you have to say regarding the aesthetics (visual, audio, textual) or mechanics (cutscenes, puzzles, pacing) would be appreciated.

The cutscenes are of particular interest for me to get feedback on. This was my first experience using them (which you might discern by the irregular formatting of my cutscene scripts as I learned new tricks along the way), and after having done so I will be applying what I have learned to many future projects, so any comments on how they could be improved are welcome (I, for example, have some gripes about the camera's finicky nature in where it ends up after a cutscene; something I did some slight reworking to in my v1.1 update).

As the contest wraps up, I additionally hope to see other contestants post their work (perhaps this thread would be a good centralized place to do so) for the community at large to enjoy and similarly contribute their opinions on the design and execution of these submissions. I foresee that, in addition to the matter of the contest itself for prizes and glory, a valuable learning experience can be had by all parties in order to improve the content and crafting of modules for this community to enjoy. To that end, if anyone has any questions regarding design decisions or technical construction of my module, I am happy to share that knowledge.

Without further ado, I offer up my submission, a dramatic telling of a kingdom besieged by a heinous foe, with but only a sole hero jarred from peaceful slumber to quite possibly save the entire world as it is known!

You can download the 8 modules of the contest winners here.

Other entrants:
Tallima

Modifié par Balduvard, 19 décembre 2010 - 09:19 .

Legacy_Tarot Redhand

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 12:01:11 am »

Just occurred to me. Could I request that if you do upload your version of the contest module, that you add a couple of letters (to represent you) to the end of your filename. That way they won't all overwrite each other when placed in the modules folder/directory and I'll know who to vote for, from all these modules.

TR

Modifié par Tarot Redhand, 13 décembre 2010 - 12:01 .

Legacy_Balduvard

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 09:20:43 pm »

I have added links to the other entrants whose modules I am aware of.