Author Topic: Haven't played in YEARS! What are some good MP Modules?  (Read 718 times)

Legacy_Phasmaphobic

Haven't played in YEARS! What are some good MP Modules?
« on: December 04, 2010, 04:55:10 am »

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in ages. I'm a release-purchased NWN owner, and just reinstelled after 3+ years of disuse. We've been discussing getting a small NWN group together, and are looking to kick it off with some simple module runs.

So I ask you, what are some good multi-player modules you recommend for us to use? All of us played the crap outta NWN back in the day, and we're all HotU veterans. I myself remember the Shadowlords and Dreamcatcher campaigns as some of the most amazing computer roleplaying experiences I've ever had.

So yeah, an no-DM-required modules you can suggest as being top notch for us, I would be extremely grateful. Thanks!

Legacy_olivier leroux

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 12:29:16 pm »

Have you played the Aielund saga yet (Starts with this)? That's one of the most popular and epic series and it seems to work in Multiplayer.

Legacy_Jfoxtail

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 06:10:33 pm »

Great question.

I would also refer your question to Neverwinterconnections.com. This is the ultimate player matching site and you will get good advice from DMs and fellow multiplayers. Post in their forums. (Hint you might even find some fellow players).

Other than that - PnP conversions generally are good to host for mutliplayer/lan etc. T1 or T1-4 remakes of the Temple of Elemental Evil for example. G series. D series,. A series. B sereis. There are literally dozens of incarnations of these mod (each). The overall score is reasonably refective of how good your impression will be. Better still if you play with or as a Dungeon Master.

Sort the top rated vault page by number of downloads. Your will find the older mods made in 2003- 2005 were often specifically multiplayer balanced; whereas 2006 - 2010 the creative scope shifted into some pretty fantastic true single palyer mods (not balanced for MP) only.

A noted hall of fame series outside PnP is The Light Reborn. It is balance for multiplayer and still works without bugs as of 2009 * (when I last palyed thru). Example:
http://nwvault.ign.c....Detail&id=3793

Modifié par Jfoxtail, 08 décembre 2010 - 06:13 .

Legacy_NWN DM

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 01:56:58 am »

I second the www.neverwinterconnections.com suggestion above.  You can't beat it if you're trying to get a group / regular game organized.

Welcome back!

Modifié par NWN DM, 09 décembre 2010 - 01:57 .

Legacy_Lythe Featherblade

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 07:00:42 pm »

Have you ever considered online play?

The downsides - persistent worlds have less scripting of events/plot, and instead of following a linear plot, you can pick and choose where to go and what to do.

The upsides - You can keep going indefinitely, meet other people online, no downloading of mods, haks, or anything else needed to log on, a stable hosted server where you and your friends can just log on anytime instead of having to co-ordinate times etc.

If that sounds like it might catch your interest, I'd like to recommend Higher Grounds.  If you've done everything possible in the vanilla NWN, you may love all the customizations here.  From adjustments to or new uses of skills and feats, to the addition of new class abilities, spells, caster epics and even custom quasi-classes.  We have an optional hak that even updates and expands the spell graphics, and an automatic program to update you so you don't have to juggle little files should you choose to install this.  Our head coder is the creator of the level 60 Legendary Level system and the server has the most advanced version of it.  On top of that, the server is in the final stages of expanding that to level 80, in case level 60 is just not enough.  Areas, especially the higher ones, are designed with balanced groups in mind, and if you find you are missing key classes (or even just want a bigger group), our server population is probably the highest I've seen of any NWN servers, so you've got a good chance at finding more people to join you.  We use mirror servers as well, allowing you to pick whatever quest you want, and just hop to another mirror if another party is already there.  The mirror servers also allow for much bigger spawns and more complex combat while keeping lag to an absolute minimum.

After over 4 years on Higher Grounds I'm still hooked, so if you love to push things to the limit, this is the place to be.

check us out and come see why we've been the top rated persistent world for 6 years and counting

http://highergroundp...s.com/index.cgi

Legacy_Phasmaphobic

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 06:38:12 pm »

Thanks for the info, folks. I'll check out the actual modules suggested.

As for everything else, I appreciate the suggestions but we're not looking for a persistent world at all, nor are we really looking to connect with other actual players. It's a small local group, and we'd play at most once every other month at a LAN party.